Notices
Conversation Between White Devil and marlinspike
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. marlinspike
    07-16-2010 09:59 AM
    Well, all that got me is an invalid TLDR, but I put a TLDR on a CD and managed to try it out...no difference. So now I'm just doing a normal clean install with an unaligned partition since it didn't make a difference. Apparently the speeds were slow for SSD because the laptop is only SATA I. Honestly, the speeds weren't bad, there was just a lot of time spent with the hard drive activity light off when it should have been on. I may put it in my new laptop, but that's already fast enough (40 second boot time with Win 7).
  2. marlinspike
    07-16-2010 08:09 AM
    I ended up going with a software called Snapshot. It is currently imaging onto my SSD. It doesn't appear to have messed with my partition, and I'll find out in 42 minutes if it successfully imaged it. The weird thing is the HDD I had been using suddenly decided to take a crap last night. Happily I had backed it up to another HDD only 4 hours earlier, but still pretty random to suddenly get major corruption of windows out of nowhere. Makes me worry about just what am I cloning. What I really need to do is find a Win XP Pro disk and do a clean install (I think the license on the bottom of my laptop will work...maybe).
  3. White Devil
    07-16-2010 01:39 AM
    Let me know if that software suggestion on Imaging backups works for you.