Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Meet up Friday night to go see F&F Tokyo Drift?

Old 06-15-2006, 04:27 AM
turbo98
I'm Herpes Free!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meet up Friday night to go see F&F Tokyo Drift?

Well, at least I know I wasn't seeing things...
Old 06-15-2006, 06:25 AM
KyleVA
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be going up to Harbour View Grande 16 to see the movie on Fri w/ some others.

...hell yea! <3f&fdriftorooski
Old 06-15-2006, 07:06 AM
dasboost
Resident Pilot

dasboost is an unknown quantity at this point

I can imagine what the parking lots at the theatres will look like...

I just pulled this up:

Volkswagen donated 4 prototype R32's and 4 Touran minivans to fulfill its pledge with Universal to plug each other's products. As a result, R32's are in the movie.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toyo donated 4000 tires for the movie. Roughly half were used. Volk Racing donated 170 wheels as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
600 Asian extras were used during the LA filming days for the street scenes.
The Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX, an AWD (all wheel drive) car, was converted to RWD in order to drift properly. Same thing was done with 2 of the VW R32's (which are also AWD).
The VeilSide RX-7 driven by "Hans" used to be a special show car built by VeilSide and crowned "Best of Show 2005" at Tokyo Auto Salon, reportedly worth $150000. Just the custom leather interior reported cost $20000. Universal got it for $50000, and the crew promptly destroyed both the interior and exterior by repainting both (with spray-paint).
One of the cars never before seen on American TV or Film is the Toyota Chaser, a Camry-sized sedan that has Lexus SC300's engine. Obviously, it was never exported to the US, and previously was only seen on US soil in special drift demo events.
One of the Mustangs (out of 5) was actually converted to use a Nissan Skyline GT-R engine and transmission, just as the storyline says happened. However, that process took considerably more than just one evening as it did in the movie.
The movie crew went to Japan and bought as many JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) vehicles as they needed. JDM vehicles have the steering wheel on the right.
Over 100 cars were destroyed/wrecked during the filming of this movie.
All of the drifting in the movie was performed by professional drivers, not created by CGI. As reported in a recent Sport Compact Car, Rhys Millen, his father, and a handful of other famous rally and drift racers consistently performed amazing drift sequences for the movie.

I met Rhys (pronounced Reese), at the PPHC and at PPIR in the clip I did below in my sig. He did better drifting his GTO than most of the Japanese Pros that attended the event.

Oh yeah, here's an answer from a friend in Hollywood on why you saw Diesel in the trailer: "Vin only shows up at the end of this movie." I was supposed to go to the premier last weekend in NYC but I had to work, lol. Lots of drifting and a week storyline from what I was told.

Last edited by dasboost; 06-15-2006 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Darin
Registered Member

Darin Darin Darin Darin Darin Darin Darin

In regard to Vin Diesel being in the movie, look under the rumors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fast_and_the_Furious:_Tokyo_Drift

I saw him too by the way.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Spindrift
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Im a lucky boy and get to see it tonight before anyone else does haha
Old 06-15-2006, 08:47 AM
RotaryX7
<3

RotaryX7 RotaryX7 RotaryX7 RotaryX7

some people should bring small bags of rice, and while the movie is playing you should walk around the parking lot and on all the cars that are rice you should put one of those bags on their hood. If i go, I think after the moving when everyone is leaving the parking lot is going to be more interesting then the movie
Old 06-15-2006, 09:32 AM
dasboost
Resident Pilot

dasboost is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RotaryX7
leaving the parking lot is going to be more interesting then the movie
It will be very interesting indeed...
Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 AM
DC97Cobra
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

Anybody here have myspace? http://myspace.com/tokyodrift
Old 06-15-2006, 03:47 PM
turbo98
I'm Herpes Free!!

turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute

So is everyone still down for hanging out after the movie? I do know of place to go that is relatively close that we actually have permission to be at....
Old 06-15-2006, 04:25 PM
racernsi
Registered Member

racernsi has disabled reputation

down....

Quick Reply: Meet up Friday night to go see F&F Tokyo Drift?