Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.

Hate red-neck bass fishermen that fly down the lake at 60mph or the ones that give you mean looks when you ride in 'their cove' like they own it. haha

The neighbors in my cove are awesome, they're really nice. We all respect each other, wave all the time, and help each other out if anything happens.

Adam,
We left Bridgewater around 6:45-7pm and started noticing the black/blue clouds in the distance. So we punched it the whole way home in the boat cause we had to get down near Black Water to get back to the house before it would hit us. It's a good 20 minute drive by boat...After 45 minutes of waiting, it never rained or anything. So we rode the ski's for a bit then headed in when it got dark. It was a nice weekend there!
Old 06-03-2008, 05:07 PM
akalei
jarnett photography

akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei

Originally Posted by AMDxp2000
When you want to go....

I love that place...crunchy spicy tuna for the win!

Iam sure we could make llama and Zeronotsocool Come with us
Im in hburggg all summer!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 AM
LLama
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Hate red-neck bass fishermen that fly down the lake at 60mph or the ones that give you mean looks when you ride in 'their cove' like they own it. haha

The neighbors in my cove are awesome, they're really nice. We all respect each other, wave all the time, and help each other out if anything happens.

Adam,
We left Bridgewater around 6:45-7pm and started noticing the black/blue clouds in the distance. So we punched it the whole way home in the boat cause we had to get down near Black Water to get back to the house before it would hit us. It's a good 20 minute drive by boat...After 45 minutes of waiting, it never rained or anything. So we rode the ski's for a bit then headed in when it got dark. It was a nice weekend there!
It was a great weekend... except for the blisters on my shoulders/ticket I got on saturday. You and me should have a do-circles-around-redneck-fishermen-day on the jet skis... Do you have your own launch that I could use? Zerocool, do you have a pwc or boat?

If you guys are at bridgewater frequently, I'm sure we've ran into each other.

akalei... are you 24 by any random chance?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by LLama
It was a great weekend... except for the blisters on my shoulders/ticket I got on saturday. You and me should have a do-circles-around-redneck-fishermen-day on the jet skis... Do you have your own launch that I could use? Zerocool, do you have a pwc or boat?

If you guys are at bridgewater frequently, I'm sure we've ran into each other.

akalei... are you 24 by any random chance?
That would be great. We may go riding this weekend, but I'm not sure. I try to go at least once a week.

My friend has a boat launch near his house down around Bernard's Landing, at the end of Scruggs road just past West Lake.

We have a private community boat launch near our house in Mountain View Shores. But it's way down near the damn. You go past White House, if you know where that is. So depending on where you ride, we could do either place.

I think there's even a public boat launch place right down near the bridge, isn't there? Where do you normally put your PWC in at?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:31 AM
LLama
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

That would be great. We may go riding this weekend, but I'm not sure. I try to go at least once a week.

My friend has a boat launch near his house down around Bernard's Landing, at the end of Scruggs road just past West Lake.

We have a private community boat launch near our house in Mountain View Shores. But it's way down near the damn. You go past White House, if you know where that is. So depending on where you ride, we could do either place.

I think there's even a public boat launch place right down near the bridge, isn't there? Where do you normally put your PWC in at?
State park... I go through white house to get there. It's a good drive for me... I live about 15 minutes from bridgewater via 122, but it's a few more miles off of 122 to get over there, I go through white house to get there.

If you're heading towards bridgewater from the state park, there's an island on the left before you get there. On the back side is a beach where you can pull up and chill... some people even tent camp on the island from time-to-time. There's a cove behind that which isn't visible to the main channel and the water is usually pretty calm, not as much traffic as other places... that's usually where we chill.

I think the boat launch near the bridge you're talking abuot is Harrisons restaurant/boat rental... used to be Camper's Paradise. It's supposedly like outrageously priced now... I haven't been there, but it used to be a shithole, so I can't imagine.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Then forget that hahaha. If you go and take a left at the WhiteHouse store gas station there. And go down that road for a ways, then get on another road (I forget the names) then you come up near my house, and we have a boat launch there. It's about 1 minute by water from the dam. So it's not bad.

I like putting my ski in at my friend's house near Bernard's cause he lives only 45 mins from my house. I go to the lake by coming down 220 then going on Wirtz then 122. So it's much faster to his house. Our house is a good hour a way usually. We're going down next weekend, so we'll leave the ski there for the rest of the summer. From then on i'll just go to my house and get it off the dock; for the past couple weeks i've just hauled it down everytime behind my 4runner. It works well, but takes so much gas each time.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 AM
LLama
Unconfirmed User

Then forget that hahaha. If you go and take a left at the WhiteHouse store gas station there. And go down that road for a ways, then get on another road (I forget the names) then you come up near my house, and we have a boat launch there. It's about 1 minute by water from the dam. So it's not bad.

I like putting my ski in at my friend's house near Bernard's cause he lives only 45 mins from my house. I go to the lake by coming down 220 then going on Wirtz then 122. So it's much faster to his house. Our house is a good hour a way usually. We're going down next weekend, so we'll leave the ski there for the rest of the summer. From then on i'll just go to my house and get it off the dock; for the past couple weeks i've just hauled it down everytime behind my 4runner. It works well, but takes so much gas each time.
Nobody can preach to me about gas.

Although my expedition gets about the same gas mileage towing the jet ski vs towing nothing. My weakest link is the 3.73's.

I still need to check out the m3 and mkiv... tomorrow evening? mini-dragva meet? You down zerotool?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Nobody can preach to me about gas.

Although my expedition gets about the same gas mileage towing the jet ski vs towing nothing. My weakest link is the 3.73's.

I still need to check out the m3 and mkiv... tomorrow evening? mini-dragva meet? You down zerotool?
Where at? I can't drive two cars at once. I'll bring the M3

My 4runner gets pretty bad gas mileage when I pull then Jetski. Thats why I like to use the Yukon XL, cause it feels like there's nothing on the back!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:53 PM
LLama
Unconfirmed User

I'm down for whatever. Food sounds good. I'm not up for a "anyone welcome" meet because there's a lot of douchebags on this forum. PM me.

I can tell the difference in handling/braking, but power wise, I'm checking mirrors to make sure it's still there.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:00 PM
blah
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I'm down for whatever. Food sounds good. I'm not up for a "anyone welcome" meet because there's a lot of douchebags on this forum.

Quick Reply: Western-Related Off-Topic Thread.