Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Roxtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by Halfrican
Hahahahaha... I started riding by myself in November of 06 -07 (I'd have to go look at my drivers license). I can tell you, those were some really cold mornings to school.
surprised the hell out of me. I had to try to tuck in behind my fairings to keep from shivering, and my GSF isn't build for that riding position.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Southwade
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

I want to get a motorcycle to have next to the Ruckus.

I've been halfway looking for about a year or more.

I like small stuff (see my signature) always have. The obvious choice seems to be the Ninja 250 or the CBR250.

But I also like things that are odd, hence my infatuations with a scooter and a Miata...

Maybe a Motard would be best for me... what guys think of the WR250R and DRZ400 bikes?
Old 10-06-2011, 08:13 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by Southwade
I want to get a motorcycle to have next to the Ruckus.

I've been halfway looking for about a year or more.

I like small stuff (see my signature) always have. The obvious choice seems to be the Ninja 250 or the CBR250.

But I also like things that are odd, hence my infatuations with a scooter and a Miata...

Maybe a Motard would be best for me... what guys think of the WR250R and DRZ400 bikes?

Either would be a blast.

The Yamaha (IMO) would be a funner bike because it's a 2 stroke, but either one would be a blast. Make sure you get the "S" model if you go for a DRZ and you plan to do alot of road riding. The "E" model is more dirt oriented, and I'm not even certain they came with the street legal kit. There are guys on ADVRider that have taken the DRZ across the country, it's awesome. There's a thread over there called "Minimalist Touring Thread" and it's all bikes 250cc or smaller, and pictures/stories of their trips.

Also look at the KLX250S as it's a nice blend between dirt and street.

If I had known you were looking I'd have let you ride my XT before I sold it, although that was a 225 four stroke, so it was a bit anemic if you weigh much over 150 lbs lol (I'm 220).
Old 10-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Southwade
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

I'm 6'2" 210lbs, but I'm perfectly happy on my 180lbs 2hp Ruckus, lol.

I'm not so much a power freak, but I do like to get low in the corners, which draws me to the Motards.

I commute on the Ruckus, so this bike would most likely be >90% a road bike. So a CBR250 would be fine with me... I just don't care for all the plastic.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

I'm 6'2" 210lbs, but I'm perfectly happy on my 180lbs 2hp Ruckus, lol.

I'm not so much a power freak, but I do like to get low in the corners, which draws me to the Motards.

I commute on the Ruckus, so this bike would most likely be >90% a road bike. So a CBR250 would be fine with me... I just don't care for all the plastic.
I went and sat on a CBR250 and was surprised how nice it was. It's definitely a small bike, but had nice fit and finish. Regardless of the size, there are a ton of people that have mid range sport bikes that will vouch that 250 is more fun because of how you can throw it around. The CBR250 has FI where the Ninja 250 is still carb. I've read the CBR has better bottom end where the Ninja's top speed is a bit better. If you really want one, there's a guy selling a brand new CBR on here right now (3k miles I think) for $3500 which would save you a grand or more vs. buying new.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Southwade
TwoWheels YearRound

just joined advrider...
Old 10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

just joined advrider...
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418228

That's the Hampton Roads thread. Prob 15-20 regular posters from this area, go on group rides, hit trails, etc.

I'm the dude asking for info on the VStrom.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:04 AM
R. Danneskjöld
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Just picked up a Yamaha 2 stroke 250 with a
Cracked swing arm and a bad Carb for 50 bucks, this is going to be fun
Old 10-06-2011, 11:25 AM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by ben flagg
Just picked up a Yamaha 2 stroke 250 with a
Cracked swing arm and a bad Carb for 50 bucks, this is going to be fun
read:

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344356
Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Southwade
TwoWheels YearRound

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
I followed that thread for awhile when he first started it... good stuff.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread