Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 10-07-2011, 05:55 AM
paperassgasket
Band

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by ben flagg
That was a good read, awesome undertaking by the op, and looked to be a solid victory. Im not quite as bad off as him to start though. I have my own house and a huge garage to work with. I also have a decent amount of experience working on cars, not to mention I fix helicopters for a living these days. I know that is totally different than two stroke bikes, but I am handy with all sorts of tools, and even pretty good with some metal work, and composite stuff to.

I had a real good look over of the bike today, the good news is it runs nice and strong. The bad news is it looks like total shit lol. Structurally she looks good except for the swing arm has a nice crack in it, but it looks weldable. The seat is torn, the fairings look like they have been painted with a brush where they are not just cracked or ground to hell.

So the plan is;
-tear the bike down to the frame
-clean, blast, paint or powder coat everything I can
-strip repair and paint all the salvageable fairings, and ditch or replace the totaled ones
-basic rebuild of the motor (although it runs good, the bike 23 years old, better to start fresh)
-replacement of all wear items
-rewire everything I can
-reassembly
-wander why the fuck it doesnt work, take it apart and put it back together again till I want to cry
-????????
-profit
lol wut? dude you just bought a running 2 stroke for $50. ride it till it explodes and call it a day!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:57 AM
R. Danneskjöld
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
lol wut? dude you just bought a running 2 stroke for $50. ride it till it explodes and call it a day!
Yea I should just ride it till it pops, but for me half the fun is the working on it. The main reason I bought it was to have something to work on since Im not getting another car till probably spring time. I wont be riding it anywhere till I get the swing arm fixed, and a bunch other shit replaced anyway, might as well do a rebuild while the bike is all torn down.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 AM
djgrom
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Yea I should just ride it till it pops, but for me half the fun is the working on it. The main reason I bought it was to have something to work on since Im not getting another car till probably spring time. I wont be riding it anywhere till I get the swing arm fixed, and a bunch other shit replaced anyway, might as well do a rebuild while the bike is all torn down.
I always get afraid of projects like that because I hate when things come apart and never go back together again properly. Like they have some magic fairy at the factory who puts the shit together with a wand.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:13 AM
snikwad
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

anyone looking for some 04-05 1000RR track skins, for cheap. $150. tell a friend, hit me up, upper, lower, and tail only. rattle can painted and vinyl stickers, looks good. PM me. thread coming soon.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:49 AM
R. Danneskjöld
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Originally Posted by djgrom
I always get afraid of projects like that because I hate when things come apart and never go back together again properly. Like they have some magic fairy at the factory who puts the shit together with a wand.
Yea, its going to be a big project, and I cant even start on it till December thanks to getting sent across the country till next Tuesday. I cant wait to get started. Its funny I remember cursing the magic parts ferry way back on my first project, wich was my first car. I was failing horribly at reassembling the carb to an 87 Cherokee 4 cylinder. That Jeep was a piece, but after struggling to keep it on the road for a few years, I loved that truck.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:57 AM
djgrom
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Yea, its going to be a big project, and I cant even start on it till December thanks to getting sent across the country till next Tuesday. I cant wait to get started. Its funny I remember cursing the magic parts ferry way back on my first project, wich was my first car. I was failing horribly at reassembling the carb to an 87 Cherokee 4 cylinder. That Jeep was a piece, but after struggling to keep it on the road for a few years, I loved that truck.
Yes I like working on my own cars and bikes because it makes me feel invested in them.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:16 AM
R. Danneskjöld
Logic is my religion

Originally Posted by djgrom
Yes I like working on my own cars and bikes because it makes me feel invested in them.
Ill be putting up a build thread when I get started in December
Old 10-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Ill be putting up a build thread when I get started in December
I wish I could say that

Hopefully one day the Ducati will get a little media love.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:38 PM
R. Danneskjöld
Logic is my religion

Originally Posted by Halfrican
I wish I could say that

Hopefully one day the Ducati will get a little media love.
It will happen dude
Old 10-08-2011, 08:56 AM
snikwad
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

click link in signature. some stuff for sale. wassup?

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread