Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 10-23-2011 | 01:28 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

http://motomatters.com/news/2011/10/...h_at_sepa.html
Old 10-23-2011 | 04:11 PM
Southwade
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

^^

jeebus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax41CdbrKNQ
Old 10-23-2011 | 04:19 PM
Roxtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar

this post is probably going to be overlooked, but oh well.
this summer, I rode in a shift mesh jacket. It was fine until it got down around 70 degrees, then it was too cold in the shade. after that, I put on the cheap-ass leather/textile jacket I bought before I'd ever ridden, but it's really not a good fit, and I want something with good protection and good warmth for spring/fall.

any suggestions for a sub $275 non-perf leather jacket? I'm kinda looking at the joe rocket old-school, but i don't like the fact that there arent' any armor pockets. the icon daytona is on clearance at that price, but it's perfed, and i'm not a fan of colored leather, and the black on black is sold out everywhere.
Old 10-23-2011 | 04:25 PM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by Roxtar
this post is probably going to be overlooked, but oh well.
this summer, I rode in a shift mesh jacket. It was fine until it got down around 70 degrees, then it was too cold in the shade. after that, I put on the cheap-ass leather/textile jacket I bought before I'd ever ridden, but it's really not a good fit, and I want something with good protection and good warmth for spring/fall.

any suggestions for a sub $275 non-perf leather jacket? I'm kinda looking at the joe rocket old-school, but i don't like the fact that there arent' any armor pockets. the icon daytona is on clearance at that price, but it's perfed, and i'm not a fan of colored leather, and the black on black is sold out everywhere.
Though joe makes a decent jacket... I'd suggest looking for a used alpine star set up. Ounce for ounce it's the most expensive on the market for a reason.
Old 10-23-2011 | 04:35 PM
Roxtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

part of the problem is that i'm a weird body shape... 6'2", 140 lbs. my shift jacket is a medium but is known for having long sleeves, which means it fits my lanky ass perfectly. my other jacket is a large, which fits okay through the arms, but is a bit baggy though the torso.

i've been looking at the A* gear, but most of it is really expensive (for good reason, like you say). I'm not looking to spend that much unless I can find it on clearance.
Old 10-23-2011 | 04:55 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

part of the problem is that i'm a weird body shape... 6'2", 140 lbs. my shift jacket is a medium but is known for having long sleeves, which means it fits my lanky ass perfectly. my other jacket is a large, which fits okay through the arms, but is a bit baggy though the torso.

i've been looking at the A* gear, but most of it is really expensive (for good reason, like you say). I'm not looking to spend that much unless I can find it on clearance.
Try http://www.motorcyclegear.com/
Old 10-23-2011 | 05:10 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

I never got anything other than a helmet from Scorpion, but I was always interested in their gear. Some of it has a clean look, which is hard to find with sportbike gear. http://scorpionusa.com/
Old 10-23-2011 | 05:32 PM
Roxtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

kinda leaning towards this in gray on black
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/a...leather-jacket

the body is all perfed, so liner and base layer will be important, but it will extend the range of the jacket.

Last edited by Roxtar; 10-23-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-23-2011 | 09:50 PM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

you're looking in the wrong place. I've never spent more than $75 on a NEW Alpinestar Jacket.
T-RC Air-Flo $50
and T-Stunt Air-Flo $75+shipping.
Old 10-24-2011 | 06:19 AM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

I have a non-perf A* jacket. It is, however, a size 38.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread