Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

What broke on your car today?

Old 01-16-2015 | 11:27 AM
Fluff.CPH
Registered Member

Fluff.CPH has disabled reputation

Had to put new rotors and brakes on my car today along with getting a new fuel pump.
Old 01-16-2015 | 12:40 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: What broke on your car today?

pretty sure the driver side wiper motor on my beater shit the bed
Old 01-20-2015 | 07:14 PM
PIZZABOY92
Registered member

PIZZABOY92 has disabled reputation

My wiper motor on my daily took a shit...
Old 01-22-2015 | 04:22 PM
Big Sexy
liquor&cheeseburgers

Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy Big Sexy

The rear drivers side window on my girls car fell down when i took it to the store today. The somova butch wont stay up unless i jimmy it closed with something. Ive got enough shit to deal with this weekend.
Old 01-27-2015 | 09:15 AM
Otacon
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon

A little late to the party but this is the best idea for a thread I've ever come across. Well, one of them.
Old 01-27-2015 | 11:45 AM
-JB-
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Been working on a project Cherokee. Basic idea of the project is I took a 99 Cherokee from basically a rolling shell to a pretty nicely built offroad rig. Everything has been going smoothly. Starts up, runs fine, suspension is almost complete minus some welding. So go to tackle switching out the dented driver door with a matching color no dent door.

Little did I know how fragile the window motor mechanism is when pulling it out of the old door to swap into the new door. Jeep decided to do a poor design and the power window drives on a worm screw in a plastic tub. Crack that plastic tub and the worm gear no longer moves the windows up and down.

Fairly common problem I've read on the boards. Luckily the junk yard guy likes me and I was able to get a working one. Just a pain to have to source another part because of a plastic tube (the motor still works).
Old 01-28-2015 | 06:58 PM
PIZZABOY92
Registered member

PIZZABOY92 has disabled reputation

My cousin has a 99 civic that is acting up on idle and straightens up once it gets warm. I like runs on one cylinder when cold then purrs like a kitten when it's warm very weird lol
Old 01-31-2015 | 05:36 PM
davilaanf
Registered member

davilaanf has disabled reputation

Part-Time on my Jeep engages without me actively switching it on. Don't think much of it...except the bright yellow words on my cluster gets annoying from time to time.
Old 02-05-2015 | 11:24 AM
catfSSh
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

1997 Saturn SW2 Wagon 5 speed, 1.9L

Starts up cold just fine and drives fine for the first 15-20 minutes.
Then, it develops this type of jerking misfire in the low RPM's or while holding a single speed with low throttle.
It feels like the car is about to trip over itself. On very conservative launches it feels like its going to stall out even though my foot is in the gas. RPM's dip but it always recovers. Once in the higher RPM's (2k+) it accelerates a little sluggishly, but is at least smooth.

I've had a mechanic buddy look at it and:
-No codes thrown
-Fuel pump works properly through all RPM's
-Spark plugs doing their job, with proper gap.
-Throttle body clear of carbon buildup
-Ran a tank of 93 octane with fuel injector cleaner - DID NOTHING

Not sure what's going on with the car since it doesn't throw any codes. Fuel and ignition components seem to be working fine.
He did say the Coolant Temp Sensor looked original but I'm not sure it could cause this "misfire" feeling.

I don't think its mechanical in the drivetrain either because the car has to run 15 minutes before any of this develops. It is PERFECT on a cold start up for the first 15 minutes.
Old 02-05-2015 | 11:59 AM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by BAN HAMMER
Just as the title states. What broke on you today?

Brake pedal in my Tahoe decided to go all the way to the floor this morning on the way to work. No brakes FTW, No idea why as I'm sitting at my desk eating sun chips after using my e-brake to get to work.
I figured this out..

the entire hard line running from the front to the rear of the truck exploded. put a new piece of hard line and new rubber lines all around. quick brake bleed, on its way. New inspection, and sold it for $2300.

Quick Reply: What broke on your car today?