Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 03-09-2012 | 03:42 PM
Southwade
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Went by the dealer today. The recall doesn't affect my VIN. Sweet.
Old 03-09-2012 | 03:51 PM
Scotty_Nooo
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by Halfrican
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

It has 170 btw, I'm pretty sure. I'm actually curious how those two match up now.

*edit*

here we go

http://www.bmwmotorcyclesdallas.com/...compare=specs&
It'll come down to the rider on that one...

MV has more bhp but is 50 lbs heavier. Duc is the inverse, I think that 998 will have more pep in the turns against that monster 1198.
Old 03-09-2012 | 04:17 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Back to chain cleaning, this is a good how-to vid explaining the techniques:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNSGEzbDxKY
Old 03-09-2012 | 04:52 PM
Roxtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
I'm not a fan of ICON helmets, they're relatively heavy and only somewhat aerodynamic when you're looking straight...turn your head through a corner at a decent speed/check a blindspot and the wind just catches it.

I loved my EXO-700 until my g/f got me the Shoei 1100RF for our anniversary. For the price, it's hard to beat the EXO-700, IMO, but the Shoei is a way better helmet, which you'd expect with a jump of about $150/$200.
something to keep in mind is that i'm coming from wearing my 5-year old pyrotect pro-airflow auto-racing helmet... which sucks for aerodynamics. doing head-checks at around 70 felt like it was going to rip my head off. pretty much any sport-bike oriented helmet will be an improvement.

price isn't too much of a concern, i'm looking to buy through amazon and I have close to $200 worth of points to put towards the purchase, so the airframe would only end up costing me $100... then again, i could get an exo-700 for nothing. I'd like to stay under $200 out of pocket. as for weight, according to http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-helmet-weights, the exo-700 is over 2oz heavier than the icon, and the shoei rf1100 is 3 oz heavier, not a huge difference... but the icon is the lightest of the 3.

guess i'll keep looking around for now. unfortunately, it's hard to find a place to try on a bunch of lids to see how they are when you're on the bike. i need a wind tunnel.
Old 03-09-2012 | 05:20 PM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo
It'll come down to the rider on that one...

MV has more bhp but is 50 lbs heavier. Duc is the inverse, I think that 998 will have more pep in the turns against that monster 1198.
The suspension on those superbikes is something..... to be admired to say the least. I'd be willing to put a wager on a head to head with those bikes. The problem is, almost no matter what, it is going to come down on how insane that rider is feeling at that moment. Once you go over 600cc's its not fun on the track anymore, it is pushing insanity.
Old 03-10-2012 | 11:06 AM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by Roxtar
something to keep in mind is that i'm coming from wearing my 5-year old pyrotect pro-airflow auto-racing helmet... which sucks for aerodynamics. doing head-checks at around 70 felt like it was going to rip my head off. pretty much any sport-bike oriented helmet will be an improvement.

price isn't too much of a concern, i'm looking to buy through amazon and I have close to $200 worth of points to put towards the purchase, so the airframe would only end up costing me $100... then again, i could get an exo-700 for nothing. I'd like to stay under $200 out of pocket. as for weight, according to http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-helmet-weights, the exo-700 is over 2oz heavier than the icon, and the shoei rf1100 is 3 oz heavier, not a huge difference... but the icon is the lightest of the 3.

guess i'll keep looking around for now. unfortunately, it's hard to find a place to try on a bunch of lids to see how they are when you're on the bike. i need a wind tunnel.
If you're in the 757 there are a few places to try on lids, but in any instance I reccomend going to a shop(s) and trying on different helmets to see how you like them. A helmet is a pretty personal thing, obviously, so what I prefer may not be what you prefer and vice versa.
Old 03-11-2012 | 08:17 AM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

I'm going riding in like an hour.
Old 03-12-2012 | 05:19 AM
Scotty_Nooo
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

VTEC just kicked in yo..

Old 03-12-2012 | 05:30 AM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by Halfrican
Do you want a more stiff ride?
heh *wink*
Old 03-12-2012 | 06:07 AM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmzTAmoA3-c&feature=player_embedded

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread