Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Western Off Topic

Old 12-29-2009, 06:47 PM
kidinatype_s
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kidinatype_s has disabled reputation
Default Re: Western Off Topic

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Sooooooooo I'm gonna have like 5 diff. mix matched gauges in my car... Awesome...

*save to favorites*

But what about the exhaust?
As long as the o2 is I think 6in. before the end of the exhaust your good, and the bung need to be at 9o,clock or around 12o'clock.....

edit: I would just put the bung right after the first bend in the down pipe and just have the exhaust cut off right behind the shifter to keep it cheap for now....

Last edited by kidinatype_s; 12-29-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by kidinatype_s
As long as the o2 is I think 6in. before the end of the exhaust your good, and the bung need to be at 9o,clock or around 12o'clock.....
I knew that but I was talkin bout the crazy tips...
Old 12-29-2009, 06:55 PM
kidinatype_s
Registered Member

I knew that but I was talkin bout the crazy tips...
oh LOL.... it's been a long day.... and IDK kinda on the fence, it depends how you do them. I think like 2in. past the bumper would't be bad???
Old 12-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

oh LOL.... it's been a long day.... and IDK kinda on the fence, it depends how you do them. I think like 2in. past the bumper would't be bad???
I was thinkin on runnin 2.5" off of whats left of the exhaust I have now aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll the way back till I get over the suspension then go up to a 3" and then turn it up and cut off at an angle w/ the peak of the tip even w/ the top of my bumper...
Old 12-29-2009, 07:00 PM
kidinatype_s
Registered Member

I was thinkin on runnin 2.5" off of whats left of the exhaust I have now aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllll the way back till I get over the suspension then go up to a 3" and then turn it up and cut off at an angle w/ the peak of the tip even w/ the top of my bumper...
straight 3in. all the way back 2.5in is going to hold you back a bit.....
Old 12-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

straight 3in. all the way back 2.5in is going to hold you back a bit.....
I'm worried w/ as low as I want to go, I won't be able to get 3" through the rear suspension... Even w/ as low as I already am I have problems draggin the piss out of the 3"... I think if I dropped to 2.5" and tucked it against the oil pan as tight as I can and mount it solid w/o it rattling I'll be good to go... I don't do rubber donuts and flex pipe... I do solid mounted exhaust... Seems to hold up to the abuse better...I'm also gonna fab brackets up to sturdy up the down pipe to keep the forces of me draggin the exhaust off the manifold...

Theeeeeeen I have some decent sheet metal I'm goin to bend and fab up to make a small skid plate for my oil pan...

May even fab up my own tow hook or two... I need a blacksmith shop like at my grandparent's....

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 12-29-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:50 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Why dont you run a 3" cutout that dumps straight down off of the downpipe, then keep your stock exhaust or semi-quiet exhaust back from that... If not, 2.5" should be good for ~300 whp without you losing much compared to a 3"

Better performance when you want it, quieter ride and keeps cops off your back when you want. Plus, much cheaper.

ETA: Why not go crome for tuning? S300 may have an advantage (what I don't know), but for your setup I don't think there will be a difference. It's not like you have 800cc's and a 3bar or anything, lol. Chip programmer for $50 if you want to go as cheap/simple as possible, plenty of free dataloggers out there too..

Last edited by GaRn; 12-30-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:02 AM
kidinatype_s
Registered Member

I'm worried w/ as low as I want to go, I won't be able to get 3" through the rear suspension... Even w/ as low as I already am I have problems draggin the piss out of the 3"... I think if I dropped to 2.5" and tucked it against the oil pan as tight as I can and mount it solid w/o it rattling I'll be good to go... I don't do rubber donuts and flex pipe... I do solid mounted exhaust... Seems to hold up to the abuse better...I'm also gonna fab brackets up to sturdy up the down pipe to keep the forces of me draggin the exhaust off the manifold...

Theeeeeeen I have some decent sheet metal I'm goin to bend and fab up to make a small skid plate for my oil pan...

May even fab up my own tow hook or two... I need a blacksmith shop like at my grandparent's....
hahaha, sounds good, and i think you can get 3in. to fit nice if you have it done right. I mean darrel has 4in., granted he is not al low as your trying to go but???
Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by GaRn
Why dont you run a 3" cutout that dumps straight down off of the downpipe, then keep your stock exhaust or semi-quiet exhaust back from that... If not, 2.5" should be good for ~300 whp without you losing much compared to a 3"

Better performance when you want it, quieter ride and keeps cops off your back when you want. Plus, much cheaper.

ETA: Why not go crome for tuning? S300 may have an advantage (what I don't know), but for your setup I don't think there will be a difference. It's not like you have 800cc's and a 3bar or anything, lol. Chip programmer for $50 if you want to go as cheap/simple as possible, plenty of free dataloggers out there too..
When I get to 300hp (which is my goal at this point) and I feel like I'm puttin to much restriction on the turbo I'll throw in a cut out...

I hear bad stuff about Crome...

hahaha, sounds good, and i think you can get 3in. to fit nice if you have it done right. I mean darrel has 4in., granted he is not al low as your trying to go but???
Yea, I know he has 4" but his car is gonna be monster truckin compared to when I get mine where I want it...
Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 AM
MitsuEvo8
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Your car is low enuff son

Quick Reply: Western Off Topic