Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Still like this thing, the super charged thing is pretty cool too

Old 04-23-2012, 11:17 AM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

http://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/...deo_of_cagers/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KWSOajQj5g
Old 04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Why the hell did he not just floor that shit when he saw her slowing down to turn?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:28 AM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by Halfrican
Why the hell did he not just floor that shit when he saw her slowing down to turn?
well she was about to pull a u-turn so he probably would have wound up like my friend Chris.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
well she was about to pull a u-turn so he probably would have wound up like my friend Chris.
Freaking ridiculous.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:07 PM
crxmadness
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Yes it is the cagers fault, but the cager put the blinker on, then slowed down. When I see a cager put the blinker on, slow down, and there is a road to turn on to the left I automatically assume they are going to cut me off. The rider could have easily avoided getting hit. If this would have happened to me I would have felt like an idiot for not being able to predict what the cager was doing because of the cager's obvious hints.

I am always looking to accelerate out of a situation, but this is one of those situations where you are asking for trouble by accelerating.

Last edited by crxmadness; 04-23-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:15 PM
crxmadness
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Watch the video again and you will see where the rider made their mistake. It looks like the rider sees the blinker because they slow down to about 30mph but the mistake was make when the rider accelerated back up to 35mph instead of continuing to slow down. The cager sees the bike slowing down and prolly assumed the rider was going to let them over, then the rider accelerates and the car turns.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

That is my thing though, I wouldn't be in that situation in the first place. He got caught with his pants down by being at the same speed as the car, and then not being able to make him his mind about speeding up or slowing down. If I am riding in someones blind spot, I either slow down immediately, or drop gear and pass them. I never pass a truck slowly because, they can't hear me, see me, or won't feel me when they run me over.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
crxmadness
Is in ur head, why?

That is my thing though, I wouldn't be in that situation in the first place. He got caught with his pants down by being at the same speed as the car, and then not being able to make him his mind about speeding up or slowing down. If I am riding in someones blind spot, I either slow down immediately, or drop gear and pass them. I never pass a truck slowly because, they can't hear me, see me, or won't feel me when they run me over.
*edit* The video starts with the cager's blinker on, already slowing down, and the rider coming up on the cager. This leads me to believe that he was not riding beside the cager and that the cager was too far in front for the rider to be able to accelerate pass the cager, especially since the turn was right in front of the rider. Without being able to see more of pre-crash film, I say the rider's only option was to continue to slow down

Last edited by crxmadness; 04-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 PM
paperassgasket
Band

Yeah rider just put himself in a bad situation.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread