Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

New progress on my Samurai! Finally!

Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 AM
OverEasy
Suzuki Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy
Default Re: New progress on my Samurai! Finally!

No, the idea had already been thought of. The Cherokee just gave me some uhhh. . . inspiration! That, and I don't want my spare to bounce out and find its way into someone else's grill.

Yeah, fuel cell is on the upcoming 'to do' list. The tank really hasn't given me a problem just yet so it's not really a priority just yet. I still need wheels and front shocks. I'd also like to figure something out for a cage as well... SOON.

You off today? (Thursday)
Old 05-27-2011, 12:06 AM
97LScoupe
Registered Member

97LScoupe 97LScoupe 97LScoupe 97LScoupe 97LScoupe 97LScoupe 97LScoupe 97LScoupe 97LScoupe 97LScoupe 97LScoupe

Yeah im deff right there with you on the cage thing..For Sure! lol need one bad! And yeah was off today, slept the day away since i was on nights this week.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:37 AM
OverEasy
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Originally Posted by 97LScoupe
Yeah im deff right there with you on the cage thing..For Sure! lol need one bad! And yeah was off today, slept the day away since i was on nights this week.
No doubt man, that's what I figured. I didn't want to call and wake/ bug you.

Yes, a cage is a must. Just need to figure out how on mine.

Well, yesterday I was organizing some of my gear and noticed that my spare takes up quite a bit of room. So going back into the house, I noticed my neighbor has some little basket looking things on his porch. I walked over and asked what he was going to do with said baskets. When he told me he was just going to throw them away I asked to keep them. Score!!! They are bread baskets, I guess the ones from the delivery trucks.... works for me, helps organize my junk and keeps it from bouncing out.

I used 4 tight bungees to hold it to the D-ring holding the spare down, took it for a test ride and everything stayed in place! Seems to work pretty well so far! It looks off centered in the pics but I guess it was the angle cause its lined up perfectly in the tire and fits well.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:41 AM
02Xterra
Have nice day

02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra 02Xterra

Looks good Jeremy!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:28 AM
OverEasy
Suzuki Fanboi

Originally Posted by 02Xterra
Looks good Jeremy!
Thanks mang!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:51 AM
boostedvenge
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge

Those crates definitely came in handy man!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:58 AM
OverEasy
Suzuki Fanboi

Yup. And other than almost losing a boot that wasn't strapped down and my camera that kept coming up missing, everything stayed where it was supposed to. I think the crate was a good idea! Your's worked perfect also, kept stuff pretty secure.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 AM
boostedvenge
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge

Hell yeah it did. The only thing that really bounced around....was the cooler, but that wasn't strapped down. Heh, mark up another successful trip for the "support vehicle". LOL But in all seriousness, I was glad to see your Sami out for it's maiden voyage and how well it did!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:46 PM
OverEasy
Suzuki Fanboi

LOL!

Thanks, i'm just glad it made it through in one piece! My ONLY issue was a loose tcase mount at the very end on the way out. Not bad if you ask me, all things considering what all I did and played on.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:59 AM
boostedvenge
Registered Member

This is true. Did tightening it up get rid of that vibration/knock-sound on acceleration?

Quick Reply: New progress on my Samurai! Finally!