Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

REV-X Weekly Auto Meets (Fredericksburg)

Old 04-14-2011, 11:22 AM
laserspeeddemon
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts
Default Re: REV-X Weekly Auto Meets (Fredericksburg)

REV-X Tornado Victim Relief Project
This past weekend the residents of Pulaski, Virginia were hit with two tornados. Now many of the victims of this tragedy are suffering while trying to deal with the loss of their homes and the possession that take their entire lives to acquire.

REV-X is going down to Pulaski, VA with Salem Fields Community Church to help the residents get back on their feet and provide disaster relief.

We are offering anyone who has the desire to help people in need the opportunity to help with this relief project. Many of us have said "I'd help if I could" when you see tragedies on TV like the disaster in the wake of Hurricane Katrina or the Earthquakes in Japan and Haiti. Now is your chance to do something to help people that have lost more than one should bear.

Due to the limited funds we currently have, we are asking you pay your own food on the trip up there and on the way back. Food and lodging will be provide at the site. Transportation is provided. Please don't let this deter you from helping out.

We will be leaving at 2:00PM on Friday and returning on Sunday.
==============================
Email REVX.staff@gmail.com if you want to help.
==============================

REV-X needs help
Our sponsor has informed me that we don't have the funding this year to provide security by hiring the deputies. We still are working with the Sheriff's Department and our parent organization met with them yesterday.

Security teams members will get a security team shirt to distinguish you from the general population and we will have about a dozen ear pieces radios to be able to communicate with each other.

This means we are relying HEAVILY on volunteer support. Please email us at REVX.staff@gmail.com if you can lend a hand.

Last edited by laserspeeddemon; 04-14-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:28 PM
BathSaltStarbux
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

Damn this friday? .... uggg I wish I could help .... I work this friday / sat
Old 04-14-2011, 06:25 PM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

ill work security.....
Old 04-14-2011, 06:55 PM
laserspeeddemon
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by starbux
Damn this friday? .... uggg I wish I could help .... I work this friday / sat
It's not problem. I just wanted to at least give people a chance.

Originally Posted by Donkey-Punch
ill work security.....
Noice! I'll be swinging by next week to chat a bit. I'd talk this weekend, but I'll be in Pulaski.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:38 AM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by laserspeeddemon
It's not problem. I just wanted to at least give people a chance.

Noice! I'll be swinging by next week to chat a bit. I'd talk this weekend, but I'll be in Pulaski.

FYI i work at the stafford office now. The fredericksburg office was only a temporary move. my schedule is packed monday, tuesday and wendsday though
Old 04-15-2011, 06:22 AM
laserspeeddemon
Registered Member

I work on Quantico and live in F-burg, so it works out either way.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:52 PM
laserspeeddemon
Registered Member

REV-X Tornado Victim Relief Project Update

I started REV-X to serve the community; it has always been about serving the community. My hope is that one day people who attend REV-X will also help serve the community, wether it be in Fredericksburg, NoVA or Richmond. I am working on a program where we do free oil changes for people who have little money, single moms and/or combat-disabled vets. It may start with 3 people, but I hope that it will grow bigger.

Since tomorrow we are anticipating strong thunderstorms, 70+mph winds and flash floods (and even possibly more tornados), we worked vigorously into the night and then some, boarding up homes that still have a chance of making it. We hit up three houses working with various non-profit organizations, including the local fire department until there was absolutely no light left (most houses still do not have power). The damage was devastating. There was a clear path of at least one tornado. Homes were missing entire portions. One house had a telephone fall on top of it and it ripped out more of the home when the tornado sucked the telephone back out. We even found a license plate that was slung into a tree. We were unable to remove the plate (See below).

Here are some pictures from today:

Last edited by laserspeeddemon; 04-15-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 PM
laserspeeddemon
Registered Member

Man I need a haircut
Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
laserspeeddemon
Registered Member

Can I get a mod to move this thread to the CENTRAL VA forum please?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Man I need a haircut
Can I get a mod to move this thread to the CENTRAL VA forum please?
please, no.

Quick Reply: REV-X Weekly Auto Meets (Fredericksburg)