Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD

Old 05-15-2012, 02:40 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
I lol at the LFA because of its price tag for something that really isn't that great, a car that gets beat by something as cheap as a Gtr that isn't even in supercar class but has the price of a 458 Italia. You also can't just buy an LFA you have to lease it for 2 years at 200k then you can decide to purchase it for whatever the remaining price is of the car. I just see it as a wannabe supercar because Toyota has put anything decent and eyecatching on the market since the supra.

On another note I dont have personalized plates Christian so it must've been someone else.
IIRC, the GTR is selling for like $90,000 now. I wouldn't call that cheap. Besides, not sure if you watched that video or not, but it's faster than the GTR--which seems to be faster than most modern super cars which is why people seem to worship the GTR or at the least use it as a benchmark. Personally, I don't like the GTR. I respect it for what it is, and what it does, but it's not what I'd spend that kind of money on.

I don't disagree that the lease part is ridiculous, or that it's insanely expensive, but the same arguments can be made for just about any Lamborghini or Ferrari in a sense. Hell, just about any car north of $100,000. You don't necessarily get more and more performance for every $100,000 you spend.

Anyhoo, I see where you're coming from. I still love it though
Old 05-15-2012, 04:33 PM
boostedb1mmer
Registered Member

boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer boostedb1mmer

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
IIRC, the GTR is selling for like $90,000 now. I wouldn't call that cheap. Besides, not sure if you watched that video or not, but it's faster than the GTR--which seems to be faster than most modern super cars which is why people seem to worship the GTR or at the least use it as a benchmark. Personally, I don't like the GTR. I respect it for what it is, and what it does, but it's not what I'd spend that kind of money on.

I don't disagree that the lease part is ridiculous, or that it's insanely expensive, but the same arguments can be made for just about any Lamborghini or Ferrari in a sense. Hell, just about any car north of $100,000. You don't necessarily get more and more performance for every $100,000 you spend.

Anyhoo, I see where you're coming from. I still love it though
BTW, where did you spot it?
Old 05-15-2012, 04:50 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by boostedb1mmer
BTW, where did you spot it?
I actually haven't seen that one myself. It popped up on my news feed. One of the girls saw it in a parking lot and posted a picture of it, not realizing it's a $300,000 car. LOL!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:31 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Exactly!When you get into these kinds of cars,performance variances are minimal.Who cares if one car is a tenth or two faster to 60MPH or whatever.A big part of the allure is the exclusivity.If I had a choice of seeing a Ferrari(save an Enzo or F40/50,of course),GTR or LFA in a parking lot,I'll take the LFA,just because I've never seen one before.I'm sure there's a lot of appeal to that for prospective buyers.In cities where exotic cars are much easier to spot than Roanoke,you're still not going to see a lot of LFAs,while you'll see plenty of the Italian/Japanese cars.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
DURHUR
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

Spotted a ton of shit today.

Saw a white 08ish sti on gold wheels on hershburger,he revved at like like a dickbag,shocker right?

Spotted a very clean samba green del sol on main street in salem.

Spotted a gold 300zx on some wide gold wheels,looked alright.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:17 PM
black_krix_si

black_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond reputeblack_krix_si has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DURHUR
Spotted a ton of shit today.

Saw a white 08ish sti on gold wheels on hershburger,he revved at like like a dickbag,shocker right?

Spotted a very clean samba green del sol on main street in salem.

Spotted a gold 300zx on some wide gold wheels,looked alright.
What I don't get a spotted comment? Your car is looking good with, normally dont care for black wheels but it looked good.

That del sol might be the one across craig ave from me at those apartments.

I spotted a silver integra today, cant remember dudes name though haha
Old 05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Yep4doors
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

The LFA is to each his own like every exotic/super/hyper car, personally I would buy something along the lines of a 911 gt3 or a Benz black series those cars seem to suit my taste a little better
Old 05-17-2012, 06:00 PM
BSeriesTurbo
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

The german's always leave your wallet squirmin.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:12 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
The LFA is to each his own like every exotic/super/hyper car, personally I would buy something along the lines of a 911 gt3 or a Benz black series those cars seem to suit my taste a little better
It's cool if you don't like it.... like you said, to each their own. It's probably not what I'd buy with $300,000 either, but if money were no object I'd damn sure have one in my warehouse alongside many, many, many other cars.

I still really want a Carrera GT, but I'd prefer to receive it as a gift versus spending like $400,000 on it. Sounds sooooo sexy!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Yep4doors
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by BSeriesTurbo:7788494
The german's always leave your wallet squirmin.
They do that's why I stay away. The carrera gt was dope in person when I saw one, but they never grew on me.

Quick Reply: WESTERN SPOTTED THREAD