Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

My Car was just Stolen Help find it

Old 04-11-2004 | 01:31 PM
leolo007
Registered Member

leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007
Default Re: My Car was just Stolen Help find it

Originally Posted by WYT R1CE
two hooks, lift and drive
does e-brake play a roll in any of this??

if lifted from the rear, how about parking in gear.

Im sure there are ways around this if not cars wouldnt get towed all the time I just dont know how they do it.
Old 04-11-2004 | 01:35 PM
"SI"ngle Cam
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam

I was thinkin that too, guessin there is a way around it, but next car is always being parked in gear with the wheels locked turned to the side
Old 04-11-2004 | 04:05 PM
AcuRaChiC
i love it but sellin

AcuRaChiC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nato76
Because the other cars that have been stolen this week had eye witnesses saying that they saw a tow truck taking the car. Its also makes sense since none of these places had broken glass or no one has heard anything. You know how fast you can tow a car? It doesn't take long.
but if it is in the day and you are awake wouldn't you hear the diesel....i know i do....i am just wondering....
Old 04-11-2004 | 04:52 PM
"SI"ngle Cam
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam

I live on the oceanfront so I hear tow trucks all night. They can be in an out before you even notice though. I swear I heard them take it. i thought I heard a noise, but disregarded it, about a minute later I decided to check and no car.
Old 04-11-2004 | 06:23 PM
AcuRaChiC
i love it but sellin

AcuRaChiC is an unknown quantity at this point

damn that sux all i know is whenever you find out what happened someone's ass is in a heap of trouble...

even if you call the cops...or be like tony soprano
Old 04-11-2004 | 07:43 PM
Shive
I Piss Excellence

Shive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond reputeShive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AcuRaChiC
damn that sux all i know is whenever you find out what happened someone's ass is in a heap of trouble...

even if you call the cops...or be like tony soprano
I like the second choise. And I'd be all for it...
Old 04-11-2004 | 08:31 PM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

Originally Posted by leolo007
does e-brake play a roll in any of this??

if lifted from the rear, how about parking in gear.

Im sure there are ways around this if not cars wouldnt get towed all the time I just dont know how they do it.
no. the car will roll regardless, or they will drag it. most towtrucks have big V8's. so they will be able to drag your car all the way to where they need to get it.
Old 04-12-2004 | 04:47 AM
EvaUnit01
Heretic & RSX driver

EvaUnit01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i guess that everyone should be on the lookout for towtrucks then.
Old 04-12-2004 | 05:08 AM
Dang Yo
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by "SI"ngle Cam
I was thinkin that too, guessin there is a way around it, but next car is always being parked in gear with the wheels locked turned to the side

yep, good idea. I started doing this yesterday. If you think about it, if your wheels are turned all the way to one side, if they lift the back of your car up to pull it, it will go but just so far because the wheels are turned all the way to one side and are locked in place. Also, if u leave it in say 3rd gear when parked you can still push your car, but if you put it in reverse, you cant move the car forwards or backwards (i know cuz my ebrake didnt use to work). another good thing to do is park a certain way so that its harder for a tow truck to get behind your car...

but yeah everyone be on the lookout for any suspecious (sp) tow trucks in the area. if a tow truck seems like it is following you, keep driving and try to loose them that way the wont know where your car goes every night.

also any word of anyones car getting messed with lastnight?
Old 04-12-2004 | 05:10 AM
EvaUnit01
Heretic & RSX driver

EvaUnit01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good tips there JDM EF8, park next to cars and turn your wheels to the side, and put it in 3rd gear.

Quick Reply: My Car was just Stolen Help find it