Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 06-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Flite
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Originally Posted by Southwade
I've never found anything that can beat Scorpion in bang for the buck...
I don't mind spending good money for a helmet. I was looking at a Shuberth, but I'm not sure it's any better than a nice Arai, and a very similar short design. Scorpions are a nice compromise of cost and quality, but I've found Shoei and Arai to have better liner materials and fit and finish. And the Shoei GT-air is packed with awesome features.

Originally Posted by Schlitz
Looks pretty sweet. Have you tried one on?
No, I've never seen a Nexx helmet in a brick and mortar store.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 AM
monopolizedinc
Im Red Bitches

monopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these partsmonopolizedinc is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Flite
Anybody have experience with Nexx halmets? I decided against my Shoei X-12 and have been shopping around for something else. I was pretty solid on getting a Shoei GT-air, or an Arai RX-Q but then I stumbled on the Nexx XR1R carbon and it seems to get really good reviews.

Picking a helmet is hard
I HEARD THAT!!!

Ive been eyeing the xr1r's on carbon as well as the bell star in carbon. I have not tried either on yet nor have I found a local shop selling nexx
The word is their shells as more on the round side vrs oval/oblong that we are used to with arai, hjc and shoei. watched a video review on ... revzilla.. I think that had good shots of the lid. Looked like good construction and materials. looks like its lacking some of the bells and whistles of the shoei and arai tho... but at 1/2 to 2/3 the cost
Old 06-27-2013, 12:14 PM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Anybody have experience with Nexx halmets? I decided against my Shoei X-12 and have been shopping around for something else. I was pretty solid on getting a Shoei GT-air, or an Arai RX-Q but then I stumbled on the Nexx XR1R carbon and it seems to get really good reviews.

Picking a helmet is hard
The shoei GT air is really nice, but super noisy for a Shoei.

I bought the RF1100 over the GT-Air, and the Quest is even nicer than the RF1100.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Schlitz
armed teetotaler

Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz Schlitz

Old 06-27-2013, 05:31 PM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

oh my god that tank is beautiful
Old 06-28-2013, 05:19 AM
Flite
HHIC

Originally Posted by paperassgasket
The shoei GT air is really nice, but super noisy for a Shoei.

I bought the RF1100 over the GT-Air, and the Quest is even nicer than the RF1100.
That is absolutely the opposite of everything I've heard from other people who praise the GT-Air is the quietest helmet they've ever experienced. My issue with the X-12 is that is was a lot louder than I expected for a top-of-the-line Shoei. Every review I've read has said the GT-Air is far quieter than the X-12 or any other Shoei.

I think the Arai RX-Q is topping my list right now. I just can't decide between:

Old 06-28-2013, 05:49 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

I'm biased toward white helmets. If I was a fan of hi-viz, I'd wear that, but I go with white instead.

Your helmet is the highest piece of you that everyone else on the road will see, might as well wear a color that stands out and makes you seen.

I ride out west alot too in the mtns and there are many hills where you don't see anyone coming opposite direction until you're literally on top of the hill, so I want my white helmet to be in their field of view ASAP. A black helmet could just get lost in the shadows.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:53 AM
fc3spitsfire
the stig.

fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire fc3spitsfire

That is absolutely the opposite of everything I've heard from other people who praise the GT-Air is the quietest helmet they've ever experienced. My issue with the X-12 is that is was a lot louder than I expected for a top-of-the-line Shoei. Every review I've read has said the GT-Air is far quieter than the X-12 or any other Shoei.

I think the Arai RX-Q is topping my list right now. I just can't decide between:
I have a rx7 corsair and it has been amazing.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 AM
Flite
HHIC

Originally Posted by ufctapout
I'm biased toward white helmets. If I was a fan of hi-viz, I'd wear that, but I go with white instead.

Your helmet is the highest piece of you that everyone else on the road will see, might as well wear a color that stands out and makes you seen.

I ride out west alot too in the mtns and there are many hills where you don't see anyone coming opposite direction until you're literally on top of the hill, so I want my white helmet to be in their field of view ASAP. A black helmet could just get lost in the shadows.
There're a lot of differing opinions out there as to the real difference a high vis helmet makes. I did consider high vis orange even though my bike is black. With some retro gold leaf lettering and stripes, it could still look pretty good.

It's honestly going to come down to one of the three I posted though I think. Either of the solids will get lettered and striped, the other one obviously won't.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:43 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Yeah I've read a ton about it, but much like everything else "paralysis by analysis" seems to apply here.

I know without a doubt, I notice riders wearing white or hi-viz helmets more than I notice riders with black helmets with all other things equal.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread