Notices
Offroad / 4x4 Because you're never too old to play in the mud.

Shoe Creek Clean-Up/Camping Trip

Old 05-31-2011, 09:45 PM
OJ-Runner
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OJ-Runner has disabled reputation
Default Re: Shoe Creek Clean-Up/Camping Trip

New member here. I just got a full size Bronco and looking for a place to drive off-road near Fredericksburg VA. I wish I have found this forum earlier to contribute. Where is Shoe Creek and is there a rule posted on what is and isn't permitted as far as activities? I have never been off-road so I want to start out easy and learn my Bronco's limitation.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:13 AM
aquickmopar
Registered Member

aquickmopar has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by OJ-Runner
New member here. I just got a full size Bronco and looking for a place to drive off-road near Fredericksburg VA. I wish I have found this forum earlier to contribute. Where is Shoe Creek and is there a rule posted on what is and isn't permitted as far as activities? I have never been off-road so I want to start out easy and learn my Bronco's limitation.
Welcome, shoe Creek is located near lynchburg and is a pretty stocker friendly trail. Where abouts in Fredericksburg are you located? Im also in the Fredericksburg area.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:01 AM
boostedvenge
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge

Welcome and yes, Shoe Creek is very stock friendly (I'm bone stock as well). Just take your time and pick the right line in some sections, and you won't have any/many problems at all.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:29 AM
OverEasy
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Originally Posted by OJ-Runner
Welcome to Driven, DON'T take things said to heart here and you'll do just fine. As far as Shoe Creek goes, just like the others have said it's pretty stock friendly in most sections. You may find yourself backing up and trying it again but doable. It's a point A to point B type trail. No side runs. Camping is permitted along with fires in the fire pits are allowed. It's a pretty scenic fun trail. Nothing really hardcore (yet).

If you'd like to join in w/ us on one sometime, check the boards and look out for the next one, we'd love to have ya out!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM
OJ-Runner
Registered Member

OJ-Runner has disabled reputation

Thanks OverEasy. Shoe Creek is pretty close to me, only 85 miles. I could definitely use some support out there.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:10 PM
caplt4
Registered Member

caplt4 has disabled reputation

hey I forgot to ask you guys, when I left and I was on my way up almost or past the house on the rigth, there where some big rock in the middle of the road, those rock where push to the middle,, I rode true there on saturday and it was not there, also as I was leaving and got to one of the big rock on the road there was a frontier or something like that, this guy wouldnt move and I had to go over that thing the front made it fine but I got stuck, the rear axle climb on that and I couldn't go any more, but I try to go around, I think the guys on that nissan where pushing this rocks on to the road, any body saw them or had any problems with it?
i'll post pictures later of the tire and the bed of the truck.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:04 PM
caplt4
Registered Member

here are some pictures of the damage of the tire and truck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02547.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	119021   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02549.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	119022   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02554.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	119023   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02555.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	119024   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02551.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	119025  

Old 06-02-2011, 06:59 PM
OverEasy
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

Damn it man, I cant believe the truck beat the bed that bad. So sorry that happen again. . .
Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 AM
caplt4
Registered Member

dont worry about it, is not your fault, i guess the tires can't take a beatting and then hit the road, it was the same brand tire that get damage on the way back, out of 4 i have one left, i should just stay with BFG's
Old 06-03-2011, 07:16 AM
matrik
Registered Member

matrik matrik matrik matrik matrik matrik matrik matrik matrik matrik matrik

That trip looked awesome! Wish I could have made it with the new bronco but ran into a few problems and wasn't able to get it together in time. I'd like to make a trip out there in the next month if anyone is gonna be going?

Quick Reply: Shoe Creek Clean-Up/Camping Trip