Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 05-08-2015, 06:17 AM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

No problem.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:13 AM
keefboz
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

Originally Posted by :Hooch:
No problem.
Top Man!!

Where do you guys buy gear from? I wouldn't mind buying a used jacket, but want to get a new helmet and shoes. I look on revzilla, but am wary of buying anything I haven't tried on, despite them being pretty good at showing measurements.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:21 AM
91tegrsjg
Black girls love me!

91tegrsjg 91tegrsjg 91tegrsjg 91tegrsjg 91tegrsjg 91tegrsjg 91tegrsjg 91tegrsjg 91tegrsjg 91tegrsjg 91tegrsjg

Sorry for the shitty cell picture. I caught this at TCC VB. Upon first seeing it I thought the tank was chromed from a distance, once I got up on the bike I saw the tank had some engine turning done to it.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Originally Posted by keefboz
Top Man!!

Where do you guys buy gear from? I wouldn't mind buying a used jacket, but want to get a new helmet and shoes. I look on revzilla, but am wary of buying anything I haven't tried on, despite them being pretty good at showing measurements.
Craigslist, streetrockets, kens cycle. I stopped wearing actual mororcycle footwear, any boot with decent ankle support will do.

Last edited by Hooch; 05-09-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:01 AM
JacKal
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

Picked up a 98' FZR600 yesterday for $500. Had a buddy upgrade to a new gsxr and needed this gone. It runs amazingly well for a carb'd 98. Plastics look like shit but over the mechanical condition cannot be beat. It really surprised me on the way home rides almost like new. Pretty excited tiger out some weekend riding in when the weather is nice. I'll be DDing it to and from work also.

Anybody have an experiment fitting newer style fairings to an old bike? My only hang up is how ugly the squared pre 2000s styling. I've found a few kits to modernize its look but I was thinking it wouldn't be hard to fit a newer r6 tail section to it.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by 91tegrsjg

Sorry for the shitty cell picture. I caught this at TCC VB. Upon first seeing it I thought the tank was chromed from a distance, once I got up on the bike I saw the tank had some engine turning done to it.
fuck me thats awesome. im trying to scoop a 48 or iron 883 this year/early next year

Originally Posted by JacKal
Picked up a 98' FZR600 yesterday for $500. Had a buddy upgrade to a new gsxr and needed this gone. It runs amazingly well for a carb'd 98. Plastics look like shit but over the mechanical condition cannot be beat. It really surprised me on the way home rides almost like new. Pretty excited tiger out some weekend riding in when the weather is nice. I'll be DDing it to and from work also.

Anybody have an experiment fitting newer style fairings to an old bike? My only hang up is how ugly the squared pre 2000s styling. I've found a few kits to modernize its look but I was thinking it wouldn't be hard to fit a newer r6 tail section to it.
pics?
Old 05-10-2015, 04:28 PM
JacKal
Anal hammer

Name:  yZcdK5R.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  658.0 KB

Name:  yZcdK5R.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  658.0 KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
yZcdK5R.jpg (658.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Originally Posted by JacKal

I`ve helped out with two "modernized" front end kits. Both were for late 90s gsxr, Both looked about as good as tacking a bodykit on a civic. I think the contrast between the front end kit and the older style tail section is what really threw it off though. Tail swaps are gravy, especially for anyone who is able to weld...such as yourself. Cut the mounting tabs off the donor sub frame and weld in what you need to bolt up to the main frame, or just forget the mounting tabs all together and just chop n weld. And if you don`t feel like welding you just buy a fiberglass race tail and chop up the sub frame and make it work. that`s how my last bike was done. If you`re looking to just turn a profit i wouldn`t bother with doing to much to it. If it`s something you plan on keeping i`de suggest going naked and changing the tail. But that`s my suggestion for just about anything.

Also, whats goin on with the 600 you just bought? Are you riding that thing yet?

anyways here are some pics of the K1 race tail on a chopped up SRAD sub frame and Honda LED tail light.
Spoiler

Last edited by Hooch; 05-10-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:34 PM
JacKal
Anal hammer

Didn't end up buying it as funds wouldn't allow. Baby is due in August and that's taking priority. Once he's here and settled in I'm going to track this and get a cruiser for weekends/work commute. The ol lady refuses to ride on a sport bike due to back issues so I'll be hunting for something super comfortable. I don't see a reason to get rid of this I got it stupid cheap and it's so far realizable as all get out. I just need to get it to look better. I hate the tail section of these older guys. I want something clean and sleek. I'll probably end up with an R1 tail and a nice naked clean nose.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Hooch
Sheeeit

You could always bob it. Who needs a tail?

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread