Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 07-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Jones
supermoto or bust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

Team promotion doesn't make you change the coolant, your bike will stay cooler with something besides antifreeze though
Old 07-20-2015, 01:18 PM
Prelude driver
Registered member

Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver

Originally Posted by :Hooch:
Trying to, i've got brand new q3s and no leaks. May need to change pads.

Someone was telling me i had to drain and swap coolant with a race approved coolant and some other jazz that i didnt understand that involved the oil cap,drain plug and filter....any idea what they were talking about?

Also wondering what the costs are to run plus rent a race suit etc. Think all my helmets exceed the 5 year limit as well.
200$ for ur first day renting all gear other than helmet. and im sure one of us will have a helmet u can use if all urs are pooped out.

source: http://teampromotion.com/ready-to-ride

and yea the drain plug and filler cap thing is not required by most track day organizations, mostly just for racing. and its safety wiring everything that can spill fluids on the track basically.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Is it me or are rc51 a hot item all a sudden?
i feel like it. ive seen more people with them in the last month than i ever have before
Old 07-21-2015, 08:23 AM
brandini
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Originally Posted by Jones
Team promotion doesn't make you change the coolant, your bike will stay cooler with something besides antifreeze though
Just NOT water wetter, silicates are bad.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

I`m guessing i`ll just run distilled water. Any thoughts on Engine ice? i tend to run a tad bit on the hot side.

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes
i feel like it. ive seen more people with them in the last month than i ever have before
I`ve still yet to see another one in person but they keep popping up in conversation, driven and some other forums i`m on.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:52 AM
Prelude driver
Registered member

Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver

im usually a 600 guy but i cant help but want one of these. and it would never see a street a mile. and track fairings asap, those headlights are fugly. somebody needs to crash one in Virginia.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

If anyone is interested, I know of an rc51 for sale in Newport news for 7800.

Also, hopefully joining this thread in the next 2 months though not on a sport bike
Correction. Said rc51 is 5800obo and has 9k miles on it. Comes with stock parts as well
Old 07-22-2015, 06:00 PM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Got mine back on the road yesterday. Now with the black 5 spoke wheels instead of the chrome 6 spoke.

Was happy to finally get back to bike night again, i`ve been wrapped up in shipping fiascoes for a month now.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:17 AM
Prelude driver
Registered member

Correction. Said rc51 is 5800obo and has 9k miles on it. Comes with stock parts as well
7800 is crazy but 5800 is still too much. and theres one on craigslist for 4600 and it has 60k on it. people are asking wayyyy too much for what it is in my opinion. i also really dont like ridding those bikes. they're cool and everything, vtwin sportbike blah blah.... theyre heavy, not all that fast in comparison to maybe a zx10/r1 that u could buy for the same price, which will be a lot newer and a lot lighter and brake a whole lot better. and handle nicer. and...

with that said, id still get one if i come across it for the right price to put dirt bars on it and shed as much weight as possible and id try to have fun with it that way.

Got mine back on the road yesterday. Now with the black 5 spoke wheels instead of the chrome 6 spoke.

Was happy to finally get back to bike night again, i`ve been wrapped up in shipping fiascoes for a month now.

super clean. hows having stupid clipons again? my kawasaki is getting dirt bars and a license plate in the next week or so for some street fun.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:55 AM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Originally Posted by Prelude driver
7800 is crazy but 5800 is still too much. and theres one on craigslist for 4600 and it has 60k on it. people are asking wayyyy too much for what it is in my opinion. i also really dont like ridding those bikes. they're cool and everything, vtwin sportbike blah blah.... theyre heavy, not all that fast in comparison to maybe a zx10/r1 that u could buy for the same price, which will be a lot newer and a lot lighter and brake a whole lot better. and handle nicer. and...

with that said, id still get one if i come across it for the right price to put dirt bars on it and shed as much weight as possible and id try to have fun with it that way.

super clean. hows having stupid clipons again? my kawasaki is getting dirt bars and a license plate in the next week or so for some street fun.
1200 dollar difference for a bike with 6 times the mileage though? Based on that I would assume 5800 is a decent price.

I know fuck all about values, but to me that seems reasonable based on your example

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread