Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 07-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Riff Raff
Eat A Dick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

got some new michelin pilot power 3's on the bike, damn this thing is a blast. I kept having trouble with my power lead to the battery rattling the bolt loose after a few days, causing my FI light to come on and run in limp mode. A little drop of lock tite saved the day and haven't had a problem since.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:51 AM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

The rvt falls vicitim to enthusiast pricing. If i was to put mine up for sale today i'de price it at slightly over $6k obo with the spare engine.

The clip ons don't work well with all the hardware in my wrist, they're flipped up side down, which helps but hits the fairing at full turn now lol.

I'm still thinking i'm gonna let it go for a later VFR,i just need to throw my leg over one firat to see how i feel about it.

Mean time i'll keep having fun with it. It's still a blast for me to ride and i can't say that i don't like the attention it pulls on bike gatherings. Just SUCKS the moment i get into the downtown area, which i do a lot.

Last edited by Hooch; 07-23-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Prelude driver
Registered member

Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes
1200 dollar difference for a bike with 6 times the mileage though? Based on that I would assume 5800 is a decent price.

I know fuck all about values, but to me that seems reasonable based on your example
I didn't mean it as a comparison for a good price. Just another example of retarded pricing on them.

But yea I guess hooch is right about the fact that they have that enthusiast's mark up on them.

All I know is, I don't give a fuck what kind of sportbike it is, almost 15 years old and a price tag over 5k is not reasonable, again that's my opinion comparing the performance of it vs a different bike for the same money
Old 07-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Jones
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

Shit, people are still asking 4500 for f4i's
Old 07-23-2015, 10:34 AM
Prelude driver
Registered member

Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver Prelude driver

That's just plain stupid. I love f4is. One of my favorite bikes ever, mother fucking tank! But no f4i I'd worthe 4500 unless it is literally brand new from 06 with 0 miles.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Hooch
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Cuz honda breh, lol.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Jones
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

Brand new from 01-03 brah, dat split seat doe
Old 07-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Prelude driver
Registered member

Originally Posted by Jones
Brand new from 01-03 brah, dat split seat doe
dont forget, its rare!!

this thing feels so much better with dirt bars. need to finish bracing the triple tree and a headlight then its ready for a test ride

Last edited by Prelude driver; 07-23-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

After I get my Harley I wanna scoop another f4i to track and hit the turns with.

Shit if I can find my old one for sale again I'll buy that loo
Old 07-24-2015, 04:40 AM
brandini
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Originally Posted by :Hooch:
I`m guessing i`ll just run distilled water. Any thoughts on Engine ice? i tend to run a tad bit on the hot side.

I`ve still yet to see another one in person but they keep popping up in conversation, driven and some other forums i`m on.
Straight distilled is bad since it'll leech minerals from the engine.

So water wetter had nasty crap in it, I've used Amsoil's version on my past 3 cars with surprising results. The Mazdaspeed Miata used to take forever to warm up in 20F weather and it was crazy how much faster it got to temp. Heat transfer goes both ways so you'll get lower peak temps and faster warm-up.

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread