Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

teggy bogging out

Old 03-29-2011, 05:30 PM
'00_GSR/R
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all
Default Re: teggy bogging out

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Oh yeah-

I think it's sensor related for this reason. I think even in a warmed up car, it'll run in open-loop for even just a minute. I could very well be wrong.

He's probably not getting in even a single drive cycle to pull a CEL.
The sensors we are refering to (tps,iat,map) fuction in both open and closed loop.... The info from these sensors is required for the engine to run correctly whether its in open or closed. More info: your car goes open loop everytime you floor it.... I tuned my ecu to go open loop at about 67% throttle. Closed loop is basically only for maintaining stoich AFR when cruising...

Yes soft CEL codes take about 20mins and/or 20miles, but a hard code will turn on right away. Usually this will also put the car into limp mode. A bad tps will through a hard code, iat sensor that is completly gone will do it, and a map sensor as well. Since these sensors return signal is required for the engine to run (properly) the ecu immediately says there is a problem with a CEL. My gut is saying its one of these 3 sensors.... LOL

So again OP, do you have a CEL?

Last edited by '00_GSR/R; 03-29-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 PM
wrx=sweet
In the honda game...

wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet

my cra is doing this some what also but not nearly as bad...only when i get on it and it only does it for a sec. im thinking it is in my fuel system(cloged injector?) something of this sort or cloged cat? could this be?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:04 PM
'00_GSR/R
Registered Member

'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all'00_GSR/R is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wrx=sweet
my cra is doing this some what also but not nearly as bad...only when i get on it and it only does it for a sec. im thinking it is in my fuel system(cloged injector?) something of this sort or cloged cat? could this be?
CRA?

Its kinda hard to say... I would say probably no on the fuel system if its only doing it for a second under WOT and not during normal driving. I need a lot more info... Like engine, mods, and ect.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:19 PM
eghatch
Registered Member

eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch

i dont get the CEL everytime like yall said if i drive it for 20mins it will brink an then go back off
Originally Posted by '00_GSR/R
The sensors we are refering to (tps,iat,map) fuction in both open and closed loop.... The info from these sensors is required for the engine to run correctly whether its in open or closed. More info: your car goes open loop everytime you floor it.... I tuned my ecu to go open loop at about 67% throttle. Closed loop is basically only for maintaining stoich AFR when cruising...

Yes soft CEL codes take about 20mins and/or 20miles, but a hard code will turn on right away. Usually this will also put the car into limp mode. A bad tps will through a hard code, iat sensor that is completly gone will do it, and a map sensor as well. Since these sensors return signal is required for the engine to run (properly) the ecu immediately says there is a problem with a CEL. My gut is saying its one of these 3 sensors.... LOL

So again OP, do you have a CEL?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:24 AM
hottscennessey
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about

Oxygen sensor. I've seen them make the car run horribly, but the readings still be in range as to not throw a CEL. You may want to unplug it to see if the car runs better - but this will cause a CEL.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:07 PM
eghatch
Registered Member

eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch

so what should i use to "clean my sensors an could i just cut my o2 sensor for the now being or does auto zone sell the wrench needed
Old 04-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Dillweed
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Sensors are the only connection the ECU has with the engine, so the information the ECU is getting is only as good as the condition the sensors are in. Bad sensors, bad information. Good sensors, good information.

So yes, sensors can make an engine completely unable to run properly.
I've never thought of it that way, but that makes perfect sense.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:52 PM
'00_GSR/R
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hottscennessey
Oxygen sensor. I've seen them make the car run horribly, but the readings still be in range as to not throw a CEL. You may want to unplug it to see if the car runs better - but this will cause a CEL.
Your post doesnt make a lot of sense. What readings are you refering to? For O2 sensors there are a few readings or causes for O2 sensor codes:
Oxygen sensor defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor, Heater circuit malfunction, System Too Lean or Too Rich malfunction in the fuel monitoring systems, and then the Oxygen Sensor high voltage, low voltage, or slow response.

How the **** is unplugging your O2 sensor going to help find the problem? IT PUTS THE CAR INSTANTLY IN LIMP MODE!!!!! (car goes to open loop and a 2500rpm limiter is set)
Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Dillweed
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Originally Posted by '00_GSR/R
Your post doesnt make a lot of sense. What readings are you refering to? For O2 sensors there are a few readings or causes for O2 sensor codes:
Oxygen sensor defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor, Heater circuit malfunction, System Too Lean or Too Rich malfunction in the fuel monitoring systems, and then the Oxygen Sensor high voltage, low voltage, or slow response.

How the **** is unplugging your O2 sensor going to help find the problem? IT PUTS THE CAR INSTANTLY IN LIMP MODE!!!!! (car goes to open loop and a 2500rpm limiter is set)
I think that hottscennessey bro just got served.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:04 PM
'00_GSR/R
Registered Member

Originally Posted by eghatch
so what should i use to "clean my sensors an could i just cut my o2 sensor for the now being or does auto zone sell the wrench needed
You can try to clean it with an electrical safe parts cleaner, but probably wont help.... DON'T CUT THE SENSOR. I used a regular SAE open end wrench, I think it was like a 3/4 or 7/8....

Quick Reply: teggy bogging out