Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

tint laws

Old 04-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Jester_Si
Jungle Boogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jester_Si has disabled reputation
Default Re: tint laws

Originally Posted by turbotalon95
yep its 35% front and 50% rear, but there is a loophole. The cops can only measure a window that moves, because they have to put there tester over the window and have it on each side to get a reading. Therefore you can get away with having pretty dark ass tint in the rear because they cant test it.
I had 5% on my rear windows- was ticketed a few times, dismissed everytime. Just told you have to have side mirrors. This was on my work van, but hey......maybe it was cause of point made above?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Laris
Registered Member

Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris

Originally Posted by shytran
Ok, I tried looking around for laws and found different answeres. What is the tint limit in front. 35 or 50%. Cause I got a ticket and see if i can find proof that 35% is legal to show the court and get it dismissed. Anywayz if you guys can help with this. Would be great... THanks
35 is not legal...only on the back windows if you lucky becuase they cant check that if you windows don't roll down...35 % for your driving and past windows is illegal legal is 55%...my tint is 14% well at least that is what the cop told me
Old 04-26-2004, 07:55 PM
King Dingaling
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by hybridtactics
35 is not legal...only on the back windows if you lucky becuase they cant check that if you windows don't roll down...35 % for your driving and past windows is illegal legal is 55%...my tint is 14% well at least that is what the cop told me
all i heard was bla bla fuckin bla. dusche.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:56 PM
King Dingaling
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

honstely tho. cops really wont pull you over for tint. or atleast i havent known them too. so go as dark as you want. just be like i bought it like this. or some bullshit haha.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:00 PM
PyAri

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

edit: nevermind. Eng found it for me. Thanks

Last edited by PyAri Chick; 04-26-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Necro_SC
Bye Bye, Damn NM

Necro_SC has disabled reputation

I got a ticket for tint and getting out of it is very ez.

mine was 18% all the way around my car. Cop said show proof i had it changed and he would drop the ticket in court.

Dumby me got the tint changed and all i really had to do is just get a tint shop to right up a work ticket on the car saying they took off the 18% and added 50% to the doors

Law is 70% on front / 50% on front doors / 35% on back doors ( if 4 door ) and back window
Old 04-26-2004, 08:13 PM
crazychickenhead

crazychickenhead is an unknown quantity at this point

when i got my jeep tinted at TNT, they said SUV's can go as dark as you want on your back sides and rear window, but still 50% on the drivers/passenger side doors.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:16 PM
AliMac
Registered Member

AliMac is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not big into tint. I like people to see me when I'm passing them. And if I had a REALLY nice car it might be different, but I don't, so I don't see the need to pay for tint.

Some cars it just looks better on I think...

Last edited by AliMac; 04-26-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Zero Signal

Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crazychickenhead
when i got my jeep tinted at TNT, they said SUV's can go as dark as you want on your back sides and rear window, but still 50% on the drivers/passenger side doors.
I was told something similar from a different shop. They said you can go as dark as you want on trucks and SUV's. It can be no darker than 50% in the front, but you can completely black out the back.

My truck has 5% all the way around. But, given that it came with "privacy glass" on the rear doors and back glass it's a hell of a lot darker than that.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:42 AM
poweredbyacuras
DraG Va aLL StaR

poweredbyacuras is an unknown quantity at this point

has anyone heard of getting a tint ticket at night and getting it dismissed, because the machine that measure the tint doesnt work properly due to the lack of ambient light?

Quick Reply: tint laws