Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ls/vtec turbo or gsr turbo?

Old 07-24-2006, 09:46 PM
crazyb
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ls/vtec turbo or gsr turbo?

thnx aron when u get ur beast finished maybe we'll take a stroll i'd like to see how it pulls thnx for the advice man! tell your bro good luck on the sale on his car real clean!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:43 PM
goinfromslow
Registered Member

goinfromslow has disabled reputation

I say get a gs-r block thats like 200 dollars bare and get it sleeved to a 2.0 and use a LS crack thats balanced to 9k rpm so you can take it that high and you should be good to go.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:59 PM
goinfromslow
Registered Member

This guy didn't use anything pricey cheap log manifold knock off turbo, bov, wastegate, etc. with the build up I told you about at 18 psi. He said he can get 500hp with a better manifold that will hold more boost.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:38 AM
crazyb
Banned

what was the dyno of a ls vtec or gsr?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
crazyb
Banned

if i were to use the ls crank in the gsr bottom would that change the stroke or what would it be the same and would the ls crank be stronger if it were balanced and polished over the gsr?would the ls crank change how the engine run or would it just be a stronger crank after being balanced and polished?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:34 PM
ZeroMR
I'm still slow.....

ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR

If you put the ls crank in a gsr block yes the stroke will change. No it won't be stronger. If you plan on putting forged internals go with the ls/vtec, if you plan on using oem parts stick with the gsr.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Boost Happy
www.TeamDOHC.org

Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy

Originally Posted by crazyb
if i were to use the ls crank in the gsr bottom would that change the stroke or what would it be the same and would the ls crank be stronger if it were balanced and polished over the gsr?would the ls crank change how the engine run or would it just be a stronger crank after being balanced and polished?
A built GSR bottom with a Knife edged LS crank, would be one of the best setups.. strenth of the GSR & the extra like 30cc displacment more of the LS. Of course when you order rods & rod bearings, you get em for LS
Old 07-25-2006, 08:44 PM
goinfromslow
Registered Member

A Type-R the best crank that you can get, but the reason people go with ls/vtec is because the price being cheap and the TQ that they get. The LS crank is the one with all the TQ. So you will have Ls/vtec hp/tq but it will last longer. I haven't see a ls/vtec motor go 100k miles, a turbo ls/vtec would go 30k most I would have to say. You want to balance the crank to the rpm you will take it to. The stock ls crank is balanced to 6800rpm and people with ls/vtec taking it to 9krpm is not good. I don't know all the info on this build I just know people that make power have that set-up. Search gsr block with ls crank on yahoo. Also you may wanna call like inline pro and they can give you detials thats what they run. they have a 9.8 street legal integra with that set-up.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:53 PM
dave22
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by goinfromslow
I haven't see a ls/vtec motor go 100k miles, a turbo ls/vtec would go 30k most I would have to say.
What?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:07 PM
goinfromslow
Registered Member

I'm saying about how long the ls/vtec set-up lasts. I haven't seen a ls/vtec engine go over 50k myself, and I was saying if you turboed that I don't see it lasting more then 30k miles. My friend jeremy ran built 2 ls/vtec engine when the kits first came out and he melted the pistons in one and broke the piston and rod when it flew thru the side of the sleeve when he was turboed.

Quick Reply: ls/vtec turbo or gsr turbo?