Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

boosting

Old 12-02-2002 | 05:54 AM
THE BEAST
SPAWN OF A NEW OP!

THE BEAST is an unknown quantity at this point

I put together my own kit as well.....

I think I spent as much as I would have spent on a RevHard(I get them at cost), but I got the Tial wastegate, the BOV I wanted, my intercooler is much bigger....

I made all my own piping....It came out good, but I am going to re-do it, b/c I learned a lot from it the first time....

I feel comfortable now about building kits, that I don think that I would mind putting together a kit if someone was interested....

1st thing.....figure out want you want....if you want a Blitz BOV mark it down....what size turbo do you want....which wastegate....which manifold.....then start shopping around....<<<<<DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH
SO YOUR NOT ANOTHER RICE BOY THAT COULD AFFORD FOR SOMEONE TO PUT ON A TURBO KIT>>>>>
Old 12-02-2002 | 07:16 AM
DrkIrny
KIRRA+MUGEN :)

DrkIrny will become famous soon enough

well lets see. the first tiem i saw a skyline intercooler i wanted one
skyline r33/r34 blitz intercooler
t3 garret turbo
custom manifold off ebay
greddy blow off
oil lines and other misc.
bigger injectors
upgraded fuel system
unk wastegate yet
k zappas downpipe

to me that sounds like a good setup. input plz

Last edited by DrkIrny; 12-02-2002 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-02-2002 | 07:37 AM
zappas
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

downpipe.
Old 12-02-2002 | 08:40 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

You need:
turbine
custom manifold
custom pipes
3" exhaust
injectors
FPR
FMU \
> or Hondata
missing link /
boost controller
high rate fuel pump
all pipes/fittings/connectors
oil pump fitting to run turbo line directly from oil pump (I have a brand new Z10 fitting made for your car; you can have it for $15).

May also want:
intercooler
BOV
external wastegate

There are MANY other things that you can do/add to allow higher boost and/or to make sure your motor and tranny can handle the extra stress.
Old 12-02-2002 | 09:56 AM
THE BEAST
SPAWN OF A NEW OP!

THE BEAST is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with him completely....

start with this question:
Have you determined whether its going to be only a street car, sometimes track, raw race car?

that will make a difference with most of the things your going to do.....how much psi do you plan to run....are you going to build the motor...which motor is it.....what size injectors....whos injectors....equal length manifold or the regular....stainless steel or cast....where are you going to get that....does it have to be specially made....which boost controller....which wastegate...will it handle what you plan on using it for....which BOV....what size intercooler...why....is it going to be big enough....is it going to be too big...air to air....where do you want your in port and out port...is that going to fit in your car easily....whos intercooler are you going to use.....

I could keep on going, but Im tired of typing....POINT BEING....there's more to think about

ARE YOU SURE YOU DONT WANT TO JUST BUY A PRE-ASSEMBLED KIT?
Old 12-02-2002 | 10:28 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

I prefer custom setup over kits; but this requires LOTS of research, losts of planning, and lots of double-checking.
Old 12-02-2002 | 02:00 PM
tecnic1
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

not 5K for the kit, 2300 for the kit, plus hondata, injectors, radiator, clutch, fuel pump. oil cooler, catback, gages, ect I would want to boost in my applicationh