Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

mazda transmission help

Old 06-11-2003, 06:38 AM
crxnfx
I have a 20 valve...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

eric, how much work are we talking to convert over- since it is front wheel drive that will be a whole lot easier than say a RWD car right? Cut a whole for the clutch pedal, and then a new ECU so the damn engine light isn't on all the time.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:38 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by crxnfx
yeah, searching ebay right now, found out that if he does have the v6, then its compatible with a mx-6 (ls) and a ford probe gt. Lets see what happens.
If he does not have the 6 cyl, his car is still gonna be slow even w/ an upgraded auto tranny. My boy has a 626 manual; it drives pretty smooth.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:40 AM
crxnfx
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

well, he's not into racing, so slow isn't a problem, actually trying to get it to run, so he can sell it and get into the racing world (probably going to involve a lot of tickets, but thats okay, he'll learn)
Old 06-11-2003, 06:40 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

eric, how much work are we talking to convert over- since it is front wheel drive that will be a whole lot easier than say a RWD car right? Cut a whole for the clutch pedal, and then a new ECU so the damn engine light isn't on all the time.
It's not an easy task. I really can't answer that question. You'll have to look at the specifics of how the car is built. I'm sure you can find tons of info on transmission conversions for Hondas, but for a 626, good luck.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:41 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

well, he's not into racing, so slow isn't a problem, actually trying to get it to run, so he can sell it and get into the racing world (probably going to involve a lot of tickets, but thats okay, he'll learn)
In that case, I wouldn't bother fixing it. Just use it as a trade-in for another car.