Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Any one else into cruisers?

Old 06-05-2007 | 08:50 AM
Lt. Dan
Registered Member

Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan
Default Re: Any one else into cruisers?

I like the middle one, but not a fan of the other two... If I'm going to ride around on something, it needs to at least "look" like it's put together properly...

Dan
Old 06-05-2007 | 10:49 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
I like the middle one, but not a fan of the other two... If I'm going to ride around on something, it needs to at least "look" like it's put together properly...

Dan
see, that's where differences of opinion come into it. bikes like that aren't supposed to have hidden wiring/cables, and things of that nature. there's supposed to have a raw "unfinished" look to them. in no way are the other two put together "improperly", just in a different fashion. the reason i tend to like bikes like those is because they DON'T have the finished look that everyone seems to associate with being "a nice bike". to me anyway, it's the rough-around-the-edges feel of alot of bikes that give them character. i've pissed off many a "biker" by walking right past thier $40k bike to go drool over the beat up handbuilt bike in the corner. the $40k bike doesn't impress me b/c all someone did was stroke a check, and the bike was built with a bunch of off the shelf parts bolted together and given a flashy paint job. the home-built bike with the handmade parts made from whatever the guy had lying around at the time... now that impresses me. the thought actually put into making something work, especially without access to thousands of dollars worth of special equipment, that impresses me. anyone can stroke a check and buy a "custom motorcycle" (for the record, in the true sense of the word, those bikes are NOT choppers or bobbers, they are "boutique bikes", they're not even "custom"), not everyone can take a set of cruddy old tools and built something unique in thier garage without any fancy tooling. i guess i just appreciate the thought and hard work that goes into bikes like that. there's alot to be said for the satisfaction of putting in the work to build something from nothing,and making it work, rather than going out and buying it from some store.

i'm way off topic now though, lol.

alot of people don't have an eye for that kind of thing though, and i'm not saying that any one way is better than another. i have my preferences just like anyone else.
Old 06-05-2007 | 07:19 PM
gilligan
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts

werd,i dont care for the rolex riders either.6 years ago i was very exited to see a fat tire chopper,now everyone has one and they all look alike.
Old 06-05-2007 | 09:08 PM
djgrom
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

I agree with steve. I would have to say steve your like of the bobbers is what probably makes you like the street fighter styling.
Old 06-05-2007 | 10:26 PM
Armenian
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by djgrom
I agree with steve. I would have to say steve your like of the bobbers is what probably makes you like the street fighter styling.
Steve likes giving men bobbers for cash i dont know what the hell streetfighters have to do with this.
Old 06-06-2007 | 12:41 AM
zx636skiv

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
nothing wrong with a cruiser, i just tend to drift towards the stripped down bobbers and whatnot, like...

Steve, that's a real nice pic of you!!

And to set the record straight, just because you have a sportbike, doesn't mean you have to go everywhere at 100 mph. I can just cruise on mine and enjoy the scenery! That's why I usually go riding by myself...good to just blow the cobwebs out of my head once in a while anyway!
Old 06-06-2007 | 03:52 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by djgrom
you're absolutly right. i like minimalist bikes. nothing on them that doesn't need to be there to go, stop, or turn

Originally Posted by Armenian
Steve likes giving men bobbers for cash i dont know what the hell streetfighters have to do with this.
i started ignoring your dumb ass a long time ago

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
Steve, that's a real nice pic of you!!

dur hur hur
Old 06-06-2007 | 06:02 AM
Jakers
Banned

Jakers is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that a yamaha flat track racing frame? Or what is it?
Old 06-06-2007 | 07:59 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by Jakers

Is that a yamaha flat track racing frame? Or what is it?

it's a triumph. not even close to a flat tracker.

this is a flat track bike, and it also happens to be a yamaha

harley is still the big dog in the flat track world though, has been for a long time.
Old 06-06-2007 | 08:27 AM
Jakers
Banned

Jakers is an unknown quantity at this point

that triumph is tough, what year and model do you think it is? I am thinking about building a bobber. I almost considered getting that honda off joey and bobbing it but the motor was a bit too small..

Quick Reply: Any one else into cruisers?