Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

What kind of tires Should i get?...

Old 07-16-2007 | 06:05 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: What kind of tires Should i get?...

I'd say the continental contisports, contiattacks, or road attacks, i forget which is which, but i sold a ton of those to customers who like yourself didn't feel they needed race rubber and didn't want to spend a ton, when i recommend them to some guys used to michelins or pirellis they sounded very skeptical, but i know quite a few fairly fast riders running on them just fine.
Old 07-16-2007 | 08:01 PM
simplsi
Capt. Spaulding

simplsi has disabled reputation

Metzeler M1's way cheap for such a bomb ass tyre.
Old 07-17-2007 | 01:38 PM
chappe
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

Well, i just got a Rear Dunlop Spormax somehting tire 170-60.... I like it. A lot..... The bike handles a lot better. I just can't wait to get a front one. . .

I got it at Cycle world, i think it was a little expensive. The tire was 170 installation was like 65 and it all came up to like $242. Did i get raped?? I feel like i did, but ohh well. I didn't know where else to go..... :/
Old 07-17-2007 | 08:18 PM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

yea, id say you got raped.. that sucks man.. :-/

i was mounting a set of 2ct's for my buddy a couple weeks ago and i accidentally punched a hole in the sidewall. ive changed a shit ton of tires and never had that happen to me. i ran over to the local dealership to buy him a new one, i couldnt believe that fucker was $180 for one tire!
Old 07-18-2007 | 04:15 AM
tundrafiend01
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chappe
Well, i just got a Rear Dunlop Spormax somehting tire 170-60.... I like it. A lot..... The bike handles a lot better. I just can't wait to get a front one. . .

I got it at Cycle world, i think it was a little expensive. The tire was 170 installation was like 65 and it all came up to like $242. Did i get raped?? I feel like i did, but ohh well. I didn't know where else to go..... :/
Did you take them your wheel, or did you take them the whole bike? For another $50 you could have bought yourself a full set of Pilot Powers with installation if you took the wheels off your bike...
Old 07-18-2007 | 06:55 AM
BentValve
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

The tire was 170 installation was like 65 and it all came up to like $242. Did i get raped?? I feel like i did, but ohh well. I didn't know where else to go..... :/
$65 to mount 1 wheel, even with the rim still on the bike is rapage indeed. Fairfax cycles charges $40 and if you remove the wheel yourself, it's something like $25.
Old 07-18-2007 | 08:08 AM
chappe
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

yea, i kinda knew i got rammed in the ass. . But its ok, i was in a hurry, and i HAD to get it. . . My rear tire was bald.... The thing is, where can i take my bike in VA beach/Norfolk Area???? I want o change the front on now. and i'm taking the whole bike, But, Where do i go????
Old 07-18-2007 | 06:52 PM
VADA9
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

if you want a good all around get Pilot Roads. If you wanted to go out theres only one choice Power 2CT's
Old 07-18-2007 | 07:11 PM
Alwayslast
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

Fck Cycleworld.
Cyclegear in norfolk charges, something like $26-$28 to mount the tire.
D&D in Norfolk has free tire mounting if you buy the tire from them, otherwise it is $30.

................................You got raped......................
Old 07-19-2007 | 04:16 PM
snikwad
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

Originally Posted by Alwayslast
Fck Cycleworld.
Cyclegear in norfolk charges, something like $26-$28 to mount the tire.
D&D in Norfolk has free tire mounting if you buy the tire from them, otherwise it is $30.

................................You got raped......................

you sure about that, last time i checked they raised their prices a little also.

Quick Reply: What kind of tires Should i get?...