Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Best place to look for renting House/Townhouse and other various questions

Old 09-20-2007, 12:41 PM
nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo
Default Re: Best place to look for renting House/Townhouse and other various questions

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
If I remember correctly he doesnt have a licencse so tha would be difficult.
he does.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Re: Best place to look for renting House/Townhouse and other various questions

looking for something bigger than 1300 sq/ft. as far as "ghetto" goes, the place i was happy with moving into was cambridge right off of orcuit avenue, but as i said, that's a no go now.

i don't want an apartment, that's why i said house/townhouse. i don't want to deal with neighbors above/below me as far as noise goes. from side to side isn't as bad.

thanks to those that have suggested some things to do, we'll look into them
Old 09-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
Take it from someone who commuted to ODU everyday for a year GET SOMETHING ON THAT SIDE OF THE WATER. If you dont you'll regret it
i'll only be going a couple of nights a week, driving doesn't bother me.... after going a year and 2 months of hardly no driving, or just driving to school/work, i'll be happy to drive haha

plus i'm most likely going to take as many of the odu classes as i can at the workforce center at tncc
Old 09-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Can a mod clean this up if they're bored? thanks
Old 09-20-2007, 01:27 PM
blah
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
Can a mod clean this up if they're bored? thanks

And you three take it to SPO if you want to argue about who lives in a shittier place than everyone else.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:28 PM
QwanSanchez
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by blah

And you three take it to SPO if you want to argue about who lives in a shittier place than everyone else.
I live in Fairfax now, so i'm betting i'll lose that argument.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:33 PM
kwth8n
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

I live off of fox hill road and old buckroe (on fox grove drive), and i love it. its a 3 bed 1.5 bath 1 car garage, with a huge yard and we pay 950 a month. The area is not ghetto at all. Were surrounded by older people and a few squids with families. I think someone said its like KKK area down this way, but im white and my wife is black, and we both feel very comfortable and get along with everyone on the block. Theres alot of rental properties down here, and they are all decently priced. Check the daily press, virginia pilot, both can be accessed online as well. one thing we did notice though was alot of the properties dont advertise until the house is empty and cleaned so they pretty much want you to move right in, so if your lease is up in the place your at in december, you wouldnt be able to look till like the end of november, they wont hold any properties for more than a few weeks unless you pay the pro rated rent for the month you want it held and beyond
Old 09-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Originally Posted by blah

thanks matt, appreciate it.

for the rent.com, i found alot of nice places that i liked, unfortunately there were no townhouses
Originally Posted by kwth8n
I live off of fox hill road and old buckroe (on fox grove drive), and i love it. its a 3 bed 1.5 bath 1 car garage, with a huge yard and we pay 950 a month. The area is not ghetto at all. Were surrounded by older people and a few squids with families. I think someone said its like KKK area down this way, but im white and my wife is black, and we both feel very comfortable and get along with everyone on the block. Theres alot of rental properties down here, and they are all decently priced. Check the daily press, virginia pilot, both can be accessed online as well. one thing we did notice though was alot of the properties dont advertise until the house is empty and cleaned so they pretty much want you to move right in, so if your lease is up in the place your at in december, you wouldnt be able to look till like the end of november, they wont hold any properties for more than a few weeks unless you pay the pro rated rent for the month you want it held and beyond
ahh, that's what i figured. well right now, i'm living with my parents, but one of my roommates won't be able to move out until january. I'd really like to get a house, or a townhouse. I know of one or two off the top of my head that i'll probably check out soon.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

now are there any suggestions without arguing for where to live/look at and why?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:22 AM
calgone47
Registered Member

calgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ritz
craigslist
Great suggestion, I looked there and found 5 or 6 really good candidates last night.

Quick Reply: Best place to look for renting House/Townhouse and other various questions