Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

400 bucks for new tires installed? Really???

Old 06-13-2008 | 11:26 AM
Spindrift
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: 400 bucks for new tires installed? Really???

Originally Posted by NoRider
I asked for install with the cheapest tires, and thats what they said! Ok so if I take the rims off myself, AND bring the tires, what am I looking at? 100 bucks?
Second question, where can I find the cheapest tires? I don't even care if they are used, as long as they are safe.
Third question. this will be my second bike, but I didn't get much time on my first bike before it broke so you guys think a 96 Katana 600 will be good?
Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it.
I also have a 96 Katana and I paid a little under 300 for new front and rear tires installed, I just brought them the rims. Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier's120/70/17 for the front and 160/160/17 for the rear, from cyclegear.

I had a couple weeks of practice on my girlfriends 02 ninja500 before I got my 96 katana750, and besides the noticeable power/weight difference im fine on it. Hope I was of some help.
Old 06-13-2008 | 11:28 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

<- Diablo Corsa III's for about $380.00 installed.

2CT's run the same price roughly. I'll take the Corsa's this time around over the PP 2CT's.
Old 06-13-2008 | 12:07 PM
BlackEX
Indeed

BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX

Holy crap! There's a shop here in San Antonio putting on PP 2CT's for $250. I got Metzler M3's put on my bike last fall for $240, but that was during a sale. Normally it would have been $300. I had no idea shops were charging that much back home.
Old 06-13-2008 | 12:46 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by BlackEX
Holy crap! There's a shop here in San Antonio putting on PP 2CT's for $250. I got Metzler M3's put on my bike last fall for $240, but that was during a sale. Normally it would have been $300. I had no idea shops were charging that much back home.
$250 for a SET of the 2CT's? They retail for more than that and that's not even factoring in labor for mount/balance. Are they installing them on POCKETBIKES for $250 or is that on a standard streetbike? The rear alone is between $150-170 most places.... front is about $130. Yes, you can beat the price if you shop around in most cases, but you have to pay more to have it mounted if you're not buying from the shop.

I call BS on the $250.00.
Old 06-13-2008 | 02:07 PM
ef9zc
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation

I believe i got pilot powers about a year ago from ridenow.com for like 220 shipped...
Old 06-13-2008 | 02:16 PM
BlackEX
Indeed

BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX BlackEX

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
$250 for a SET of the 2CT's? They retail for more than that and that's not even factoring in labor for mount/balance. Are they installing them on POCKETBIKES for $250 or is that on a standard streetbike? The rear alone is between $150-170 most places.... front is about $130. Yes, you can beat the price if you shop around in most cases, but you have to pay more to have it mounted if you're not buying from the shop.

I call BS on the $250.00.
Just double checked the local bike forum here and I was off. They are selling front and rear 180/120 for $250. $300 mounted and balanced. When they first started carrying 2CT's last year they were doing free mounting and balancing to drum up business. They mostly do suspension work and are certified Racetech suspension tuners and Ohlins dealer. Even at $300 I don't see how they're making any money or how they're getting them cheap enough to sell at that price. They are the cheapest here in S.A. for tires (not just 2CT's) and just about anything else you would need for your bike including routine maintenance. You can also bring them a quote from any other bike shop in town and they will beat the price. The only problem is it's a small shop with only a few employees, so while it is cheaper they may have it a little longer.

Last edited by BlackEX; 06-13-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2008 | 10:35 AM
NoRider
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

Any one do them with the home tire machines?? You seem to be able to get them for pretty cheap.
Old 06-18-2008 | 12:19 PM
cobra671
Old N Slow :D

cobra671 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

$250 for a set of tires mounted and balanced is not out of reach. I guess you just have to shop around. My current set of tires (120/190), I purchased for $260 and some change, Installed. It was a special that a local shop was having for all the tires they had in stock. Honda of Jacksonville is where it was and they are the PP 2ct's.

The previous set was the regular PP's I got for the same price from their sister company in Savannah, GA. and I didn't have to take my wheels to them in either instance, ride in & ride out.
Old 06-19-2008 | 05:35 AM
Voodoo ST
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

I have a No-Mar tire machine and I change tires for $30 per off bike and $50 per on bike....
Old 06-19-2008 | 05:58 AM
chappe
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

i think it a rip off considering that (i believe) that the katana uses a 160 rear tire.. or maybe a 150....... anyways, i recommend to buy them online and then taking them to a local shop to be put on... IDK where you are, but mister vodoo up there does offer a pretty good deal... i did mine at adrenaline powersports in va beach blvd right by the beach... he charges $40 a tire on the bike, and $20 off.....

Last edited by chappe; 06-19-2008 at 06:10 AM.

Quick Reply: 400 bucks for new tires installed? Really???