Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Inspection with FlushMounts, etc

Old 06-25-2008, 11:08 AM
turbotwo1
2 Less

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1 turbotwo1
Default Re: Inspection with FlushMounts, etc

When I did mine the guy said the front fork.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:13 AM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by turbotwo1
When I did mine the guy said the front fork.
When I bought my F4i the sticker was kind of wrapped around the front tube modified to smoothly fit next to the fender mounting point.

Ive also seen a few where the sticker is stuck to the swingarm side, but that didnt look so hot.

Did they just hand you your sticker or did they apply it for you?

Last edited by 95RogueM3; 06-25-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:14 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
Hmm...good to know.

The bike is currently 3 months out of date (I got it on Sunday). The tag is pretty much hidden on the trees right now, so thats probably why its gone unnoticed.

Is there a designated spot that the inspection sticker has to go on a bike? Or is it anywhere so long as its visible.
anywhere plainly visible on the left side of the bike.

do yourself a favor and don't let the inspector put it on the fork between the upper and lower trees. if you have to have the forks removed for any reason (fork seal replacement, etc) the sticker is gonna have to be scraped to get the fork out, and you're gonna have to get it re-inspected.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:21 AM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
anywhere plainly visible on the left side of the bike.
Thanks!

do yourself a favor and don't let the inspector put it on the fork between the upper and lower trees. if you have to have the forks removed for any reason (fork seal replacement, etc) the sticker is gonna have to be scraped to get the fork out, and you're gonna have to get it re-inspected.
Thanks for the tip! My current one is installed below the upper trees on the fork tube so I wont have it put there again (althought it does look good and is almost hidden). When you were doing inspections did you install the sticker or allow the customer to pick a spot?

My current sticker can be seen peeking out here:
Old 06-25-2008, 11:29 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

it's been years since i was doing inspections. i usually asked the customer where they wanted it, unless it was a new bike going on the showroom floor, then i just put it where ever was handy. i've seen some inspector put them on the plastic. i'd kill a mo-fo if someone did that to my bike. same goes for the swingarm.

you can always get an inspection plate and bolt it where ever you feel like, so you don't have to stick it directly on the bike anywhere.

btw, if a cop wanted to be a d*ck (it happens, lol) he could write you for having your sticker right there, since it's not in plain view. 9 times out of 10 though they don't even look unless they already have you pulled over for something.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:52 PM
93hatch
Registered Member

93hatch has disabled reputation

im a inspector. when have a bike inspecion....maybe once a month. ide pull the bike in. check the lights to see if they worked. checked the horn. checked tires checked brakes. the way i look at it. if your bike doesn't pass inspection then you know it and if you want to be a dumbass and ride a unsafe bike be my guess. of course im gonna let you know its unsafe and to fix it.

and for anyone that is going to ask no i cannot do inspections at this time. new shop is trying to get there station license now.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:47 AM
mikethomas
Virginia Beach

mikethomas can only hope to improve

Will you pass inspection with clear turns in the front if they have blue LED bulbs?
Old 10-01-2008, 05:18 AM
evan matthews
Registered member

evan matthews has disabled reputation

Inspection sticker on a bike, what's that? Haven't had one of those in like 7 years.

^^^^^ Shooting myself in the foot here^^^^
Old 10-01-2008, 05:25 AM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mikethomas
Will you pass inspection with clear turns in the front if they have blue LED bulbs?
I would doubt it. The clear will likely be fine but the blue bulbs/LEDs aren't going to fly.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 AM
93hatch
Registered Member

93hatch has disabled reputation

they will with the right inspector.

Quick Reply: Inspection with FlushMounts, etc