Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.
View Poll Results: Frame Sliders and/or stickers?
Black Frame Sliders and Honda Stickers
50.00%
Black Frame Sliders no Honda stickers
44.12%
Honda Stickers but no Frame Sliders
0%
No Honda Stickers and no Frame Sliders
5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

To frame slider or not frame slider... that is the question...

Old 08-01-2008, 09:23 AM
NoRider
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoRider has disabled reputation
Default Re: To frame slider or not frame slider... that is the question...

Originally Posted by sprayedcivic
freestyle inginuity cost 105.00 dropping your bike can coat 500-5000 you do the math
True, but other frame sliders cost like 15... I'm not disagreeing with the economics of frame sliders, just with the price of these freestyle ones. I may end up buying them because they are proven better, but it looks like the only two deciding factors with frame sliders and their performance, is their design (which is very simple to duplicate) and the alloy they use, which is probably fairly standard through the industry. I'll get back to you though, and thanks for the offer.

Originally Posted by Nate
I say do both
I'm leaning to yes on the frame sliders and to the "we'll see" on the stickers. Not that I don't want the stickers, but I have the artistic ability of a 3 year old with tourettes and I'm anal about things being perfectly symmetrical so the stickers not lining up correctly worries me... What a stupid thing to worry about though lol.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:11 PM
SeanJohn
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation

Just buy the Freestyle Ingenuity, I have full trust of them, I even let EMC tip over my bike to show customers how good they are.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Spindrift
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

How common is the crushed engine thing? Id be pretty damn concerned unless it's very uncommon. If it was an option I know id have them for sure, however I get to worry about fucked up frames
Old 08-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Robs750
Registered Member

Robs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these parts

frame sliders are a must in my opinion. they are a no lose option. even if your bike was to just tip over they could save you hundreds of dollars in repairs. For a part that cost under $100 you can't really go wrong!!
Old 08-02-2008, 01:04 PM
ef9zc
Registered Member

ef9zc has disabled reputation

I had vortex and when i wrecked the slider bent and the puck shot off. Needless to say my sliders didn't work very well.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Robs750
Registered Member

Robs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these parts

sliders are meant to bend snap and mushroom. this is how they absorb energy the point of sliders isn't to protect plastics its too hopefully absorb enough of the energy to protect the frame from bending and cracking!!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:47 PM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

Originally Posted by Robs750
sliders are meant to bend snap and mushroom. this is how they absorb energy the point of sliders isn't to protect plastics its too hopefully absorb enough of the energy to protect the frame from bending and cracking!!
Ooohhhhh, that's why they're called FRAME sliders aren't they???

They save plastics in the event of a tip over, the very reason I bought mine, if I would have had them before my bike got tipped over I wouldn't have needed a new mirror and wouldn't have scuffed exhaust and side fairing. Cut my fairings to install em, not too hard, there's plenty of how-to's on different forums, just gotta look em up.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:13 PM
NoRider
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Robs750
I want frame sliders that do both. I don't want to have to worry about my fairings and tank getting messed up if my bike tips over
Old 08-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Robs750
Registered Member

then get racerailz thats really the only slider that protects everything but alot of people don't like the bar that goes across since its a partial cage. I have them and love them I just wanna find a machine shop to remake my ends in delrin!! But nothing will save your tank unless you manufacture some kind of roll bar.lol but that would be a little much!

Last edited by Robs750; 08-03-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Real Random
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

the condom comment was the best

Quick Reply: To frame slider or not frame slider... that is the question...