Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

boost questions

Old 08-08-2008, 01:27 PM
zappas
been around awhile.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas
Default Re: boost questions

well, since you dont know shit about cars, as you stated. I'd say for parts and labor(since someone is gonna have to build it) depending on the extent you went to with the build, you'll be at about 5g's including labor.

But I totally disagree with everyone knocking boosted cars as dd's. Furthermore anyone who says you have to be knowledgable to drive one, aslong as you just drive it and dont mess with it and you can change fluids....you will be fine.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:47 PM
emu103
Registered Member

emu103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emu103
i have never had ANY experience in dealing with turbos or boosted motors.

didnt say i dont know shit about cars, if that was the case i wouldnt be driving a boosted car. this is my first honda project, but not my first honda. i can build an engine. ive built three of my own. i just want to learn more about turbos and more power would be nice.

ive never built a b before thats why i was wondering
Old 08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
zappas
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

You stated you dont have the time nor money to fuck with the car, so a project car is obviously not what you need. now if you are going to be rebuilding your car, buying a turbo kit and doing all the upgrades needed for it to run properly and run with any kind of longevity, your still looking at about 3500. I dont know the price of the car with the b20 and I dont know what your car is worth...so its hard to say what the smart decision here is.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:01 PM
emu103
Registered Member

emu103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zappas
You stated you dont have the time nor money to fuck with the car, so a project car is obviously not what you need. now if you are going to be rebuilding your car, buying a turbo kit and doing all the upgrades needed for it to run properly and run with any kind of longevity, your still looking at about 3500. I dont know the price of the car with the b20 and I dont know what your car is worth...so its hard to say what the smart decision here is.
i have time and money right now. but i wont when school starts, so i would like to either buy his car, or build mine and boost it.
his is a 94 eg hatch. b20. and the turbo
i have a 00 si with the stock b16 with 120k on it. it will need a build im sure before it can take boost well.
my question was how reliable would a boosted engine be. i understand thing fail prematurely under that strain,
but as long as i dont have to work on it every week and it takes me where i need to go, when i need it to. then i will be fine

Last edited by emu103; 08-08-2008 at 02:04 PM.