Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

What Welder do YOU have.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Venice
Nothing but time...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice has disabled reputation
Re: What Welder do YOU have.

Well i have some good news and bad news about my welder . First the bad seems to have something stuck in the spring like piece that the wire runs through .Its about 8in's from the tip and i can hand feed it into the back side about 4 feet so i'm pretty sure somethings in there. The good news is its a Snap-on welder so i should be able to get a replacement piece for free. On Monday when i talk to my salesman i'm going to have him order the new one .Also i'm going to ask how much the trade in value is on this for a new one. Maybe i'll be lucky and it'll be more then what i paid then i wont be out of pocket as much as it would of cost to buy a new one. .

Well everyone have a good weekend .Till Monday when i find out more info .
Old 10-25-2008, 03:40 PM
4SFED4
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What Welder do YOU have.

I have a Hobart H140 MIG and a Miller Econotig that does AC/DC TIG and stick.

The Hobart is just 115VAC and works considerably well for the price.

The Econotig requires 240VAC and a minimum 60 amp breaker. DC TIG doesn't pull as much power as AC TIG. TIG is a much slower process than MIG, so most of the mild steel welding I do is with the Hobart MIG. I have yet to try using it as a stick welder. It was expensive, but it serves its purpose and helps me a great deal in fabrication.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Venice
Nothing but time...

Venice has disabled reputation
Default Re: What Welder do YOU have.

Well i got some depressing news from snap-on today .I guess there welders only come with a 1 year warranty . So i'm going to be putting some more money out my pocket .Good news is its only like 50 bucks so that still keeps me under the price of a equal welder. I should have the piece i need by next week so i guess i'll be reading and watching some welding on Youtube to learn some more .