Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

VMSC autox @ VMP, 11-23-03

Old 11-27-2003, 02:03 PM
lightningd
co driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

i actually was going to ODU for Computer Science, but i had some personal life issues and dropped out. programming is like my niche i thinks. for example i recieved a 347 out of 350 on my final exam for freshman C++ class, and it was easy to me. i would like to go for my bachelors in CS, but guess what, you need money.

i know java is very similar to C++ when i've glanced at the code before. As far as webpages though, as long as it's not too complicated, Dreamweaver is your best friend

http://members.cox.net/dmartin44/resume/resume.htm
Old 11-27-2003, 04:23 PM
Butt Dyno

Butt Dyno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lightningd
i actually was going to ODU for Computer Science, but i had some personal life issues and dropped out. programming is like my niche i thinks. for example i recieved a 347 out of 350 on my final exam for freshman C++ class, and it was easy to me. i would like to go for my bachelors in CS, but guess what, you need money.

i know java is very similar to C++ when i've glanced at the code before. As far as webpages though, as long as it's not too complicated, Dreamweaver is your best friend

http://members.cox.net/dmartin44/resume/resume.htm
Dreamweaver, blech! I like Homesite a lot better for that.. it doesn't get in your way.

You could consider taking the Java certification if you were interested. I think Java's just a nicer language to work with every day than C++ and there are definitely jobs out there. Other than that, just program program program, find some app or webapp that you want to write and just do it... ultimately, you still want to get a degree, so that you're a computer scientist instead of just a programmer, but you have to get your foot in the door somehow.

-john

wow, this thread is jacked
Old 12-01-2003, 01:05 PM
maxQ
Registered Loser

maxQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by maxQ
Chicken.

Originally posted by lightningd
lol. so? if there wasn't a pole on the right, i would have tried it faster.
There was a pole?

Seriously, though, I think I only made it past there without lifting once and that was the run where I... uhh... forgot to go through one of the gates just after the crossover... so I might've been a bit down on speed.

Andy