Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The F*****G bridge tunnel...

Old 07-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)
Default Re: The F*****G bridge tunnel...

+rep wouuld be appreciated for helpin you in a trouble time sir
Old 07-12-2009, 05:28 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Quit your whining, I commute from Williamsburg to Norfolk every day.

Yes, in the evening, going from Hampton to VA Beach, 664 is a million times quicker. I would probably get off at the Western Freeway and get on 264 in Portsmouth, but even if you didn't do that 664 is MUCH better than the HRBT in the evening.

MMBT is generally amazing. You get killed at the midtown tunnel (midtown tunnel is so bad that despite traffic moving at 70mph on the MMBT, the HRBT has to be backed up more than 6 miles for the MMBT to save you any time going from Hampton to Norfolk in the morning), but you don't need to use that.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Will Sol
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

664 is the best route if you have to go to the hell hole that is the South side...

I hate going down there...
Old 07-12-2009, 05:34 PM
rotorsownyou7
Famous...

rotorsownyou7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Quit your whining, I commute from Williamsburg to Norfolk every day.

Yes, in the evening, going from Hampton to VA Beach, 664 is a million times quicker. I would probably get off at the Western Freeway and get on 264 in Portsmouth, but even if you didn't do that 664 is MUCH better than the HRBT in the evening.

MMBT is generally amazing. You get killed at the midtown tunnel (midtown tunnel is so bad that despite traffic moving at 70mph on the MMBT, the HRBT has to be backed up more than 6 miles for the MMBT to save you any time going from Hampton to Norfolk in the morning), but you don't need to use that.
I'll whine if I want to.

I don't know what the western freeway is... But I'll just take 664 if it's that much better.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:35 PM
rotorsownyou7
Famous...

Originally Posted by Will Sol
664 is the best route if you have to go to the hell hole that is the South side...

I hate going down there...
VA Beach is a hell hole?
Old 07-12-2009, 05:36 PM
1slowpony
Registered Member

1slowpony is a name known to all1slowpony is a name known to all1slowpony is a name known to all1slowpony is a name known to all1slowpony is a name known to all1slowpony is a name known to all

Ok the problem with 664 in running into Chesapeake traffic on 64. You might make it through the tunnel faster but once 664 exits off back onto 64 it turns to hell again then getting onto 264 in a whole nother story. This is one reason why I left and will be going to much less crowded area in Florida.

Experience: Worked on Langley and lived in Virginia Beach for 3 years.
Will Sol
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by rotorsownyou7
VA Beach is a hell hole?
To me, yes.
slogsr@sage
TE37 Hoarder

slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage slogsr@sage

Learn the back roads. I take the tunnel everyday from norfolk to hampton for work. Getting on at the last exit saves a shit ton of time.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:39 PM
rotorsownyou7
Famous...

Originally Posted by slogsr@sage
Learn the back roads. I take the tunnel everyday from norfolk to hampton for work. Getting on at the last exit saves a shit ton of time.
I don't live there so it would be hard to learn them...
Old 07-12-2009, 06:17 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by slogsr@sage
Except, the last exit is almost never open. Dumbass VDOT decided it's a good idea to close the last exit whenever there is traffic. This means that the 2nd to last exit gets CLOBBERED with traffic from both downtown Norfolk AND Ocean View, and it is hopeless to use that exit because of this.

As far as the OP saying he doesn't know what the Western Freeway is...ever heard of a map? It's basically the midway point between where the MMBT ends and where 264 hits 664.

Quick Reply: The F*****G bridge tunnel...