Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Nissan people in the Roanoke area

Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Mofuger
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mofuger has disabled reputation
Default Re: Nissan people in the Roanoke area

I`ve got a lot to do to this car but at least it was a non-molested car with a little front-end damage and a blown head gasket . I`ve been doing my research and weighing the pros and cons of engine swaps and I have started to lean toward a KA-T since I have a spare engine to rebuild and the cost of the parts to do a turbo setup on the KA along with the rebuild parts is about the same as a complete SR20 redtop swap . Now I plan on going past the HP numbers of a stock SR20 , because stock is never enough . Enough about the plans , right now I want to get it on the road since I put a head gasket on it , pimp the auto trans til I find a 5 speed and play with it til I get the new engine built and other parts piled up in the corner of my bedroom .
Old 11-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Brian_O'Connor
Temporary ######

Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor

glad to see a fellow nissan person on here. take it easy and dont let shit get under your skin.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Mofuger
Registered Member

Mofuger has disabled reputation

The only thing that gets under my skin is ink .
Just everybody be on the lookout for 240`s sitting . I`ll buy a complete car for parts so I can start a nissan parts horde , the cheaper the better .
Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Brian_O'Connor
Temporary ######

Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor Brian_O'Connor

i got a parts car that im trying to unload. has everything cept the trans and the motor is shot. check my threads. $250 takes it.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:12 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
first of all, welcome to dragva!

your best bet for "local" nissan parts would be JGY in Atkins,Va. although im not a fan of Jason(the owner), he does carry plenty of parts for all types of nissans, but SR20DE/T's are their specialty (FWD more specificly). I know someone who owns a 240sx built by JGY and he seems to be very pleased with it.

uhh, no. Do some checking and you will understand my reasoning for saying that.

Originally Posted by funder.bunder
thats me. i dont live in the area but i have some family out in floyd and come out that way sometimes. jgy definitely has the parts you need. i dont do much business with them other than purchasing parts becuase he's right. the owner is kinda sketch.

welcome to the site though. just dont make any stupid posts and be sure to have a thick skin and dont take anything said on here to heart.

hmm...I prolly know them
Old 11-25-2009, 04:21 AM
JROW
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by Mofuger
The only thing that gets under my skin is ink .
Just everybody be on the lookout for 240`s sitting . I`ll buy a complete car for parts so I can start a nissan parts horde , the cheaper the better .
Keep an eye out on the classifieds here, they are always around

O, and welcome
Old 11-25-2009, 08:35 AM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
uhh, no. Do some checking and you will understand my reasoning for saying that.
i really dont care enough to do some checking, so why dont you just enlighten me?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:44 AM
MitsuEvo8
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Originally Posted by Mofuger
Well I`m new to this forum if you haven`t noticed , A friend of mine told me about it and here I am . I`m on several other forums and the larger , brand specific forums don`t have much for local stuff , at least here in the Noke . I got a 240sx project and I`m looking to find some local people that are in the know . Things like who is the local parts whore , when you can`t find it in the valley who to call next , things like that . Name is Joey , feel free to pop in and say hi .
Welcome

Dont listen to nism0 b14 he likes dak touching animals... jk
Old 11-25-2009, 09:06 AM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

Originally Posted by BBYEvo8
Welcome

Dont listen to nism0 b14 he likes dak touching animals... jk
scuse me??! this coming from the guy that drives a galant with "evolution" badges on it.

as far as i know, im the only western-er that does nissans. and i seem the catch shit for it every time...fuka vtec! torque all day bby
Old 11-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Brian_O'Connor
Temporary ######

Originally Posted by Nism0 B14
fuka vtec! torque all day bby
damn straight.

Quick Reply: Nissan people in the Roanoke area