Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Speeding ticket break down.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:48 AM
ILLEGAL
Double Agent HT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL
Default Re: Speeding ticket break down.

the passing lane on 95 is the slow lane. I hate that.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:56 AM
I<3Strippers!
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

technically, the left lane is only used for passing, and its illegal to pass on the right hand side.....
Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 AM
crxmadness
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Heres a novel concept - how about ticketing people for tailgating, not using their turn signal, creating rolling blockades, or other shit that CAUSES accidents, and not just speeding.
Unfortunately there are too many variables involved to guarantee convictions. Without a conviction you can't make any money. Speeding tickets are the easiest way to get convictions because you are fighting against a machine that is not bias and supposedly never wrong. Until a machine is created that will tell a cop someone is tailgating, not passing anyone in the left lane, and creating rolling blockades these offenses will never be ticketed. On a side note, until the fines are higher than $30 there won't be any motivation to enforce these laws

Last edited by crxmadness; 04-13-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:13 AM
MitsuEvo8
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Originally Posted by 93sr-5ftw
technically, the left lane is only used for passing, and its illegal to pass on the right hand side.....
And i think also you cant cruise in the passing lane either
Old 04-13-2010, 07:20 AM
STi_FTMFW
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by 93sr-5ftw
Originally Posted by BBYEvo8
And i think also you cant cruise in the passing lane either
Are you guys talking about overseas? I've heard this about VA as well, but have never seen it enforced. I swear one day I saw a guy ride the left lane for miles with a cop in the middle lane. The cop wouldn't pass him on the right and the guy wouldn't get over or go above 65mph, I thought for sure the cop was going to nail his ass, but after about 2-3 miles he just passed on the right. I foamed... bad.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 AM
R. Danneskjöld
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Also in this country there is practically 0 driver education. You study a little book take a little test that I am certain my dog could pass, and then DING, you have permission to careen around public in a hulking piece of machinery, amidst pedestrians buildings and other poorly educated operators of heavy equipment.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Heres a novel concept - how about ticketing people for tailgating, not using their turn signal, creating rolling blockades, or other shit that CAUSES accidents, and not just speeding.
The cops here in Colorado are a little less... occupied than the cops in VA. They actually DO give tickets for those things here. Also, it's posted on the highways to keep right except to pass, and that is a ticket-able offense. Rolling roadblock laws are kinda cool, but unfortunately there aren't nearly enough cops compared to the amount of idiots that make roadblocks.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Kim Jong Illin'
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

http://jalopnik.com/5501615/left+lan...e+by+state-map
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 AM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

I pass anyway possible son
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 AM
STi_FTMFW
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
Figures we'd live in one of the shit colored states.

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket break down.