Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Just got my zx6r NEED HELP

Old 03-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Abysalone
Fighterer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abysalone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just got my zx6r NEED HELP

Right now its off diamond spring road near northampton blvd. I think the plugs may be fouled but i didnt have a plug wrench today. I tried the idle thing, but it seems as I am getting no fire, like a switch is off or a wire loose or something. All I did was trailer it to his house and it would not start whatsoever. She said it was in the shop a few weeks ago getting checked over and carbs cleaned. The only thing I did was remove the fairings to take a look and see if anything was disconnected. I have a service manual and totally went over the whole bike. The petcock was tried in both on and reserve positions.
but your trying with the choke on and off? try working the throttle while you press the start button? your absolutely certain the pet cock is in the "on" or "reserve" position? i'd try both...
I tried all of this too.

Last edited by Abysalone; 03-27-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:22 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

sure you have fuel in the tank?
Old 03-26-2004, 05:39 AM
Abysalone
Fighterer

Yup its full a tank.The plugs will be replaced today or tomorrow and I will see if I can get anything.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Abysalone
Fighterer

I guess this is the fuel pump. Should the filter be full or have a little air pocket in it? Also can I safely hotwire the pump to make sure it works, or is there another way? Just checking if its 12 volts or not. Dont wann fry it. I will try a voltmeter first. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Abysalone; 03-26-2004 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Abysalone
Fighterer

Default Re: Just got my zx6r

Well today I talked to the guy at Sunrise. I told him the story and he said to drain the bowls and change the plugs and oil. Once I did that it fired right up. What happens is the fuel in the bowls will foam up and overflow into the engine and crankase because of hitting bumps. From now on I will be sure to let the bike run till its out of the bowls BEFORE trailering it. Also make sure the petcock is off. This damn thing seems alot faster than the 2 600's ive rode. One was a 95 cbr f3 and the other was an f2. Gotta love aftermarket parts. If any of you can tell me what an inspector would look for to pass a bike so it can be registered I would appreciate it. I know it needs hi\low beam, horn, signals. Is there anything else? Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

thats awesome man i'm glad to hear you got it running... but i would guess its the plugs that did it, out of all my experience i have NEVER heard of this phenomenon that sunrise spoke of about the float bowls, its as far as i'm concerned impossible, and i have many racer friends that will not even step foot in that shop because of very shady dealings... but glad you got it running regardless
Old 03-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Abysalone
Fighterer

Thanks man. Parts only from sunrise. Was the closest shop and they all closed in like 15 minutes. I can pretty much say that he must be right though. The oil did smell like gas and the plugs were extremly wet. I cant see any other reason for them fouling like that. It ran up onto the trailor, but when it came off it did not run. He said when the fuel and oil mix, it becomes thinner and therefore gives you an extra rich condition, I guess thats why the plugs were so soaked. Oh well 50$ later and i'm happy as shit
Old 03-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Abysalone
Fighterer

I sent a freind to sunrise for 4 qts and a filter. He brought back 4 qts and what looked like a fuel filter but oilfilter size. My bike has a screw on car type filter on it. Is this a mod or is it stock?
Old 03-28-2004, 05:06 AM
_____
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

cool im glad you got it running too. As for the filter I THINK that it is a fram PH6017a.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:23 AM
Alwayslast
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm glad to hear you got it running too.
ride safe

Quick Reply: Just got my zx6r NEED HELP