Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

New frankenstein setup...

Old 04-14-2004, 06:58 AM
vasponger
Captain night owl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger
Default Re: New frankenstein setup...

it prob has done before, just the swap, but i dont think anyones done that setup before.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:19 AM
GodsOther
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by six out 6
So you're trying something that hasn't been done before, with lots of skepticism, to see how well it works?
Well not this particular combination, the guy on honda tech that did it used a F22B2 block and a H22A4 and there were 2 plugs he had to put in the block for an oil drain (which wasn't 100% necesary) and some other passage (which one escapes me) and he started it up not too long ago and has been driving it without FI and so far it runs great and has a good amount of low end torque. The only difference with mine is the block (which is near identical) and I will probably use a H22A1 head (OBD1) and I will be boring the block to match the head and modifying the stroke by changing the rods to make it more high RPM friendly like the H22 so I have no doubt it will work but I will be taking my time and trying to be very thorough, if done correctly in theory it should be a very good setup and probably make quite a bit of power. Part of my goal is to build it as strong as possible for reliability sake. Plus the F22 will bolt directly to the H22 trannys. so it is more or less a swap n' drop combo.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Enigma

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Originally Posted by GodsOther
Well not this particular combination, the guy on honda tech that did it used a F22B2 block and a H22A4 and there were 2 plugs he had to put in the block for an oil drain (which wasn't 100% necesary) and some other passage (which one escapes me) and he started it up not too long ago and has been driving it without FI and so far it runs great and has a good amount of low end torque. The only difference with mine is the block (which is near identical) and I will probably use a H22A1 head (OBD1) and I will be boring the block to match the head and modifying the stroke by changing the rods to make it more high RPM friendly like the H22 so I have no doubt it will work but I will be taking my time and trying to be very thorough, if done correctly in theory it should be a very good setup and probably make quite a bit of power. Part of my goal is to build it as strong as possible for reliability sake. Plus the F22 will bolt directly to the H22 trannys. so it is more or less a swap n' drop combo.
Not too many people try anything like this.. most use bolt-on APC products and call it a day. Experimental mechanics is where it is at. A little too expensive for me right now, but I admire people who try this shit. I think my problem is I drive a Mitsu.. and well.. there aren't too many deviations of one motor.. more of a swap to this or that..

Thumbs the fuck up to you
Old 04-14-2004, 12:47 PM
GodsOther
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I know what you mean. I just recently have been looking into boosting but I just don't see it as reasonable or feasable (read: cost effective) to do it on the H's they just aren't designed to take the abuse and N/A they cost a LOT to make good power mostly because most of the R&D has already been done, Same with the F20's (S2000 motor) I mean really 100HP/L is good power IMO. I don't know much about DSM's myself but I bet there are some wacky hybrids out there just gotta do the research is all.
Thanks for the btw, I hope it goes well too. Thats the beauty of it the F22B's are like a dime a dozen, and most people who mod accords basically rip em' out only to replace them with H22's which are $$$ so they sometimes can be had for literally the cost to pick it up and take it. The other great part will be if all does work out this thing (if it will hook up) will prolly make low 13's maybe 12's if I can get it to hookup which generally people think is impossible in a prelude. However this will not be justa drag car, I plan on making it more of an AutoX car, just seems like more fun, I kinda outgrew dragging when I was in high school and now I get more satisfaction out of tight S-turns, but I do like doing some stoplight to stoplight action from time to time.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:14 PM
_Red_Rocket_
Banned

_Red_Rocket_ is an unknown quantity at this point

do it now. don't prepare or check anything out. just bolt up the h22 head to the block. just kidding with ya. let us know how it turns out if you do it. i would like to learn more. thanks.