Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Help with 1988 supra.

Old 04-19-2004, 09:01 AM
flow fx
hostgator.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Help with 1988 supra.

this is dope, ugly rims.

dope drift wing!

i cant find many pictures of modified ones

ok its a 2.5 twinturbo apparently

this is nifty, jdm dash

Last edited by flow fx; 04-19-2004 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:15 AM
PyAri

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

Originally Posted by USMCMotorT
Good damn, that's some great info =) So a 1988 supra is also called a MKIII?
Yes. 1986.5-1992 supras are referred to as mark 3s
Mark 1, first gen, 1979
Mark 2, 2nd gen, 1982-1986
and of course Mark 4s 1993-1999 (98 in US).

So you're sayin that you can get a good engine for 950 shipped? that sounds like a good deal. What is the stats on that engine.
Yep. 950 shipped. It would have been cheaper if I shipped it to a business address. I just picked it up from the local terminal (in vb) so it was cheaper than it would have been if I had it sent to my house.

that sounds like a good deal. What is the stats on that engine. Who did you go through for that deal. And are the prices the same?
It IS a good deal. 950 for the motor, turbo AND a 6 mo warranty? I checked around and motors were all in the range of a 1100 and above. and those were NOT including the turbo and only carried a 30 day warranty which is crap.
I did see a site that was 600 for the motor but shipping was outrageous and they just seemed fishy.

I went through www.soko.com I did the Midwest store because they were closer and shipping was less. Midwest 1-800-338-7656. They were really nice and even sent me a confirmation afterwards. I had never bought something so expensive before, let alone online so I was a little apprehensive, but they made me feel comfortable. I ordered my motor in June of 03 and sold my MK3T in Feb of 04. I had lost my receipt and the buyer wanted it to verify that I really did do a swap. So I gave them a call and it took them less than 5 minutes to fax me over a copy of my old order. That was just great.

What is the stats on that engine.
J-Spec 7M-GTE 3.0 I6 2954cc
Horsepower 230@5600
Torque 246
Stock Boost 6.8psi
CT-26 Turbo
Old 04-19-2004, 09:53 AM
USMCMotorT
Love the Lord

USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT USMCMotorT

Thanks Pyari chick, sounds like an awesome deal. Are the engines re-built? or is it like the original engines? And how much did you have to pay to get it installed in your supra? Man you're a big help

And flo, thanks for all the pics man, look bad ass, definately want to get it now...my gf is buyin it for me and i'm so happy
But the interior is pretty busted *the seats are fine* but more like the ebrake * the cloth shit that goes around it * the buttons on the dash, shit like that, oh and the cloth shit that covers the back of the trunk. He was asking 2700 for it but i looked online on the Kelly book jank, and it said 1900, so imma ask the guy if i can get it down to 1900, what do you guys think?
Old 04-19-2004, 09:57 AM
flow fx
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

I wouldn't pay $2k for a nonturbo with 190k..

You can find turbos for 3-5k easily

edit: well nevermind you want to swap motors anyway. try and pay $1500 or so

Last edited by flow fx; 04-19-2004 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:17 AM
PyAri

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

Thanks Pyari chick, sounds like an awesome deal. Are the engines re-built? or is it like the original engines? And how much did you have to pay to get it installed in your supra? Man you're a big help
No problem =)
No, not rebuilt, original engines - motors pulled out of supras in japan.
CHAHONDA off this board did it for me, it was 450 and he did extra work for me, like the clutch, etc.

He was asking 2700 for it but i looked online on the Kelly book jank, and it said 1900, so imma ask the guy if i can get it down to 1900, what do you guys think?
Don't do it...my god not only is it NA but that shit sounds horrid!
I've seen NAs in GOOD shape go for less than a grand.
If you are content with an NA AUTO there's a guy my parents know, he had a mint condition White/blue NA Auto Targa top, for like 800 bucks. Not sure if he still has it but the point was don't buy an NA and if you do don't pay anything over 800 for it. ESPECIALLY if it's not in mint condition.

If you look in the autotrader, trading post, or even the local newpaper, you will find a handful of Turbo MK3s that are going for around 2500-6000...or even ebay.

Also...If you think your civic is slow you'll hate the NA Auto.
Since you're swapping find one in better condition or talk that guy down to under a G.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:16 PM
USMCMotorT
Love the Lord

Originally Posted by PyAri Chick
No problem =)
No, not rebuilt, original engines - motors pulled out of supras in japan.
CHAHONDA off this board did it for me, it was 450 and he did extra work for me, like the clutch, etc.

Don't do it...my god not only is it NA but that shit sounds horrid!
I've seen NAs in GOOD shape go for less than a grand.
If you are content with an NA AUTO there's a guy my parents know, he had a mint condition White/blue NA Auto Targa top, for like 800 bucks. Not sure if he still has it but the point was don't buy an NA and if you do don't pay anything over 800 for it. ESPECIALLY if it's not in mint condition.

If you look in the autotrader, trading post, or even the local newpaper, you will find a handful of Turbo MK3s that are going for around 2500-6000...or even ebay.

Also...If you think your civic is slow you'll hate the NA Auto.
Since you're swapping find one in better condition or talk that guy down to under a G.
Yea it was horrid. Ha, i just dont like hurting people feelings. Does that guy with the supra still have it up for grabs at 800 bucks? IF so PLEASE PLEASE HOOK ME up with a NUMBER. Call me up at 3437570 ask for Charles. I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH, I'll talk to the guy and try to tell him what the deal is.

Or you can pm me his name and number and location THANKS!

Last edited by USMCMotorT; 04-19-2004 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Bandit
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

you dont like hurting peoples feelings? sat in the fucking parking lot for a damn hour waitin for your ass...
Old 04-19-2004, 06:16 PM
USMCMotorT
Love the Lord

Originally Posted by Bandit
you dont like hurting peoples feelings? sat in the fucking parking lot for a damn hour waitin for your ass...
OH shit, damn man! My bad. When i talked to you on that friday you seemed kinda stoned and like you didnt give a fuck. So i didnt think you were serious. And no man i didnt mean to hurt your feelings. I can put it up on autotrader for you if it'll make you feel alot better The cheapest listing possible with one pic. Dude my life is madd hectic right now *although i bet you dont give a rats ass about it* i'm gettin married, im going active duty soon * in the reserves now* and i got school and trying to fix my civic for my fiance. I hope you can forgive me man and not want to bash my face in.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:23 PM
Bandit
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

i was tryin to figure out a time for saturday..i didnt care..i didnt have anything goin on. its already up in auto trader...no biggy...just lost out on an lt1
Old 04-19-2004, 07:27 PM
ToyotaTechGeek
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by flo w fx
all the sick looking MKIII's are from japan.. there is very very very little aftermarket support for them when it comes to exterior modifications here.

I love white 3rd gens. I almost bought a 91T as my first car.

Throw the 2jz in it, or there is also a TT JDM motor thats either a small 6 or a big 4cyl.. I forget the displacement of it.. 1.8 TT I believe
dude, you seriously need to lay-off the video games and shut the fuck up when it comes to Supras and Toyotas...you don't know shit.

Quick Reply: Help with 1988 supra.