Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Damn....Roanoke Co is out for me :(

Old 05-22-2004, 07:32 AM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Damn....Roanoke Co is out for me :(

different day.. same bullshit on dragva... anyone else notice this stuff? I'm sure joey does...
Old 05-22-2004, 07:48 AM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

HERES AN IDEA theres over 10-20 people here complaining about that oh so forsaken stupid law soOOOOO why doesn't anyone take this to the mayor or whatever is head of the town/state (not sure what kinda law it is), take a patition with all the signatures to the mofo and tell him to change the stupid law. That is the dumbest law I have seen in my life and all it does is piss people off. It probably has not even slowed down exhaust sales in Roanoke, VA. Ask the admin of this site since he has such hi flow of users that live in VA, to put up a patition to fill out a form with the persons name and email to put into a MySQL database and come certain time, print it all out, and take it to the headmans office. or better yet find the guys email, make a form so that people can put the person's name and email and they're city residence and a 300-500 character limit of why they think this law is so retarted and have it be directly emailed to the headman himself.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:49 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

www.websters.com

seriously...look into it!
Old 05-22-2004, 07:51 AM
elementalwindx

Originally Posted by fc735
www.websters.com

seriously...look into it!
hmph the effects of me typing "wut" "l8tr" "w00t" and many other shorthands online since the age of 13 have killed my spelling. Hard to believe I use to be top 10 of my class.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:53 AM
hitmanG35
Cosmo likes to blow!

hitmanG35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Damn....Roanoke Co is out for me :(

LMAO!!! Joey.... Im glad i dont have you proofread my papers!
Old 05-22-2004, 08:15 AM
TheCobraChick
Cobra Princess

TheCobraChick has disabled reputation

your car is illegal...they give you a ticket...and you complain about it?

be glad they didnt get you for living in Va and not having notified them, etc....

put a stock style muffler on it, get Va tags, VA liscense, and you shouldnt (as long as you dont do anything stupid) have problems anymore.

it cracks me up when i talk to people and they say that they are being harassed by police....like Chris said, you are only noticed if you draw attention to yourself....

there is a reason that you are being "harassed" as you may call it....you have been pulled over, warned about your illegal equipment, and possibly ticketed a few times, yet you still have it on there. just to spite them? doesnt matter to them, its just more revenue since they get a almost guranteed Def. Equip charge everytime they pull you over.

you dont have to change your muffler, but please, some of us are getting tired of seeing people on here bitching about getting pulled over for having a illegal car, and getting a ticket. isnt that was Police are for? to enforce laws? dont want to be harassed? fix it legal, and you have no reason to be harassed then.

this section of drag should be renamed.....

bitch about getting rightfully pulled over should be the new name....
For once I must say that Im agreeing with Joey on this one. Although I don't feel that some of the stuff that is illegal should be illegal. Fact is, it IS illegal and you gotta deal with it
Old 05-22-2004, 08:50 AM
VT_453

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
HERES AN IDEA theres over 10-20 people here complaining about that oh so forsaken stupid law soOOOOO why doesn't anyone take this to the mayor or whatever is head of the town/state (not sure what kinda law it is), take a patition with all the signatures to the mofo and tell him to change the stupid law. That is the dumbest law I have seen in my life and all it does is piss people off. It probably has not even slowed down exhaust sales in Roanoke, VA. Ask the admin of this site since he has such hi flow of users that live in VA, to put up a patition to fill out a form with the persons name and email to put into a MySQL database and come certain time, print it all out, and take it to the headmans office. or better yet find the guys email, make a form so that people can put the person's name and email and they're city residence and a 300-500 character limit of why they think this law is so retarted and have it be directly emailed to the headman himself.
It is a state code that has been on the books for 54 years now.

It is the same as these online petitions that pop up frequently..... The only real way to get anything to change in the state of Virginia is contact your state government representatives and express your opinion, but honestly, I doubt they are going to care about a muffler law. It is easy money for the state.

Be glad this isnt enforced instead of just a ticket....

§ 46.2-1000. Department to suspend registration of vehicles lacking certain equipment; officer to take possession of registration card, license plates and decals when observing defect in motor vehicle; when to be returned.

The Department shall suspend the registration of any motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer which the Department or the Department of State Police determines is not equipped with proper (i) brakes, (ii) lights, (iii) horn or warning device, (iv) turn signals, (v) safety glass when required by law, (vi) mirror, (vii) muffler, (viii) windshield wiper, (ix) steering gear adequate to ensure the safe movement of the vehicle as required by this title or when such vehicle is equipped with a smoke screen device or cutout or when such motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer is otherwise unsafe to be operated.

Any law-enforcement officer shall, when he observes any defect in a motor vehicle as described above, take possession of the registration card, license plates, and decals of any such vehicle and retain the same in his possession for a period of fifteen days unless the owner of the vehicle corrects the defects or obtains a new safety inspection sticker from an authorized safety inspection station. When the defect or defects are corrected as indicated above the registration card, license plates, and decals shall be returned to the owner.

Cliff notes--- improper brakes, muffler, even windshield wiper and they take your registration, your plates, and you tow your car home. Thats a bit worse then a ticket eh?
Old 05-22-2004, 11:56 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

and people bitch at me when i reject a car....

i actually enjoy calling the state about a piece of shit onthe road that doesnt need to be....and watch it get hauled off on a rollback...
Old 05-22-2004, 12:16 PM
elementalwindx

and people bitch at me when i reject a car....

i actually enjoy calling the state about a piece of shit onthe road that doesnt need to be....and watch it get hauled off on a rollback...

damn so its safe to assume when i get my nice 50 trim t3t4 and 3" o2 elim exhaust system, to NOT come to you then.

on the side note, those elected officals rely on us the people for they're votes. like i said before if enough people voiced they're opinions then it can be changed. but it sounds from you guys like you really don't give a f*k and would not mind paying a hundred dollar ticket every time you cruise down willy, or drive home late from work and a cop hears your loud exhaust and gives you a ticket.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:28 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

no, i dont have a loud exhaust to worry about it, but if i do get pulled, i dont bitch about it, because i knew the consequences of it when i installed it.

and i stay away from areas where there are others that are more likely to cause police to be more strict on enforcement, like williamson road.

you can have a well built fast car and it still be legal....

i have checked several cars that are aftermarket turbos, external dump gates, etc...as long as it has a cat on it, it works for me. and doesnt leak of course. that is all i got to check it for. you dont have to have a muffler on it for inspection...but you do have to have one for state law. i dont make the laws....i merely inspect for it.

and in all honesty, how many people on this board ACTUALLY FUCKING VOTE? that whole line of them needing us to keep them in office really dont mean a line of shit to me, since i can almost guarantee that there may be three people in this area that actually vote...in that voting district....

it would be better to write a letter to your congressman, and senator if you have a qualm with it....bitching on the internet really solves nothing.

just what i have noticed in my few years....and of course, just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Damn....Roanoke Co is out for me :(