Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tonight, Friday 17th...

Old 06-18-2005, 06:54 AM
vasponger
Captain night owl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger
Default Re: Tonight, Friday 17th...

you should see the 240.........
Old 06-18-2005, 07:20 AM
Black Nugget
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StraitLineSpeed
so what exactly happened on that run? i just saw yall leave and come back
We gave it 4 runs...
1 - 40mph roll, top on: I honked three times... top of second i had about 1 car on the Z28 & the red SS had about half a car on me. Z28 missed 3rd and just decided once he saw us pull away just to give up. SS continued pulling to end up about 1½ cars ahead at top of 4th.
2 - 20mph roll, top on: I honked three times... top of first SS had me by about 3/4 car & i was neck & neck with Z28. went to shift into 2nd and missed. SS puled about an additional car for 1 3/4 cars & Z28 pulled about half a car. Through second I got back next to the Z28 and closed the gap with SS to about 1 car. Missed third and then i said fock it.
3 - 40mph roll, top off: I honked.. top of second SS had about 1½ cars, Z28 and I are neck and neck. Top of third SS opened the gap to about 2½ cars, Z28 and i are still neck & neck. We shut it down at top of 4th.. Z28 and i are still neck and neck.
4 - 20mph roll, top off: I honk... top of first SS pulls about 3/4 car, Z28 and i are neck & neck. top of 2nd SS pulls it up to about 1½ cars, Z28 & I are still neck & neck. Through third was still the same. From bottom of 4th to top of 5th SS had about 2-3 cars on me & I had about 1-2 cars on Z28

all in all.. car is quicker with hardtop on & shifting is better with hardtop off
Old 06-18-2005, 07:24 AM
travisnd
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
We gave it 4 runs...
1 - 40mph roll, top on: I honked three times... top of second i had about 1 car on the Z28 & the red SS had about half a car on me. Z28 missed 3rd and just decided once he saw us pull away just to give up. SS continued pulling to end up about 1½ cars ahead at top of 4th.
2 - 20mph roll, top on: I honked three times... top of first SS had me by about 3/4 car & i was neck & neck with Z28. went to shift into 2nd and missed. SS puled about an additional car for 1 3/4 cars & Z28 pulled about half a car. Through second I got back next to the Z28 and closed the gap with SS to about 1 car. Missed third and then i said fock it.
3 - 40mph roll, top off: I honked.. top of second SS had about 1½ cars, Z28 and I are neck and neck. Top of third SS opened the gap to about 2½ cars, Z28 and i are still neck & neck. We shut it down at top of 4th.. Z28 and i are still neck and neck.
4 - 20mph roll, top off: I honk... top of first SS pulls about 3/4 car, Z28 and i are neck & neck. top of 2nd SS pulls it up to about 1½ cars, Z28 & I are still neck & neck. Through third was still the same. From bottom of 4th to top of 5th SS had about 2-3 cars on me & I had about 1-2 cars on Z28

all in all.. car is quicker with hardtop on & shifting is better with hardtop off
Were the Z28 and SS stock? Seems like the SS won everytime...
Old 06-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Dang Yo
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

your s2000 sounds very hmm aggressive should i say? i love ur car
Old 06-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Black Nugget
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travisnd
Were the Z28 and SS stock? Seems like the SS won everytime...
Z28 had bored throttle body, flowmaster full exhaust, spark wires & plugs, and intake lid/filter
SS never popped his hood. Coming into the parking lot someone had told me that he has over 430hp, but then again I never believe what i hear until the owner tells me. Non-the-less, it sounded like he was running atleast header & exhaust.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:31 AM
travisnd
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
Z28 had bored throttle body, flowmaster full exhaust, spark wires & plugs, and intake lid/filter
SS never popped his hood. Coming into the parking lot someone had told me that he has over 430hp, but then again I never believe what i hear until the owner tells me. Non-the-less, it sounded like he was running atleast header & exhaust.

Interesting, and you have a S2000 I take it that is modded...I've got a Red SS, that's why I am asking. Do you know if they were 6 speed manual or 4 speed autos?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Black Nugget
round ii

and you have a S2000 I take it that is modded...
just a few little bolt-ons here & there

Do you know if they were 6 speed manual or 4 speed autos?
both are running 6 speed manual transmission.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:39 AM
travisnd
VA

any reason why you guys didn't run from a dig?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:41 AM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

I thought Black NuggeR is boosted?
Old 06-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Black Nugget
round ii

any reason why you guys didn't run from a dig?
Because I dont have enough money to replace my diff, i recommended a 40 roll run, they recommended a 20 roll run.. so we did both. Neither one of us really spoke about going from a dig. Either way the diff in the s2000 is probably the biggest weaklink it has. With 76k miles already on the stock diff and as much as i line up with other people, i'd rather not test its patience.

Originally Posted by ritz
I thought Black NuggeR is boosted?
Its the power steering belt i sware

Last edited by Black Nugget; 06-18-2005 at 07:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Tonight, Friday 17th...