Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone have their car on an open trailer often? I'd like to test my truck out.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:02 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Anyone have their car on an open trailer often? I'd like to test my truck out.

Originally Posted by Whistler
Brian man its nice to tow around the city, but trust me that truck is going to have issues when you get it on the highway. You will sway like a bitch and shit yourself. I would seriously look into either a full size anything. Or even a used diesel can be had for 15k. I daily a escursion diesel at 24 mpg hwy. Driving it around the block is not really going to show you. Get it out on the hwy to test. GL with it bud.
Yeah... I've been reading more up on it... I guess I'll go ahead and leave this truck stock and drive it for a bit. Going to shop for '03+ crew cab silverados.

Started looking at Silverado SSs They're purdy
Old 03-13-2007, 10:39 AM
uglyDC2
loves quervo

uglyDC2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone have their car on an open trailer often? I'd like to test my truck out.

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Started looking at Silverado SSs They're purdy
fancy big block awd hotness do you
Old 03-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

^ It's not a big block... it's a 6.0 LSX.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Rich
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

^ It's not a big block... it's a 6.0 LSX.
I knew that was coming.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Axelerate
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Brian, if you do get a trailer, I'll be more than happy to take your tire trailer off of your hands.

I'm getting a hitch installed this week so, I'm defeinetly going to be shopping for a small trailer soon.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

^ Sweet.... It'll be for sale soon. It's a good one... upgraded HF w/ the taller wheels, diamond plate decking, and locking storage box.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Axelerate
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

^ Sweet.... It'll be for sale soon. It's a good one... upgraded HF w/ the taller wheels, diamond plate decking, and locking storage box.
Just let me know what you want for it and I'll come pick it up!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:00 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

^ Sounds good... once I get a trailer it's yours... it'll probably be in the next few months max.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:49 AM
likeaspyder
Registered Member

likeaspyder is an unknown quantity at this point

Brian How you been man. I have a 20x8.5 V-Nose Enclosed car hauler that you can come test out this afternoon if you like. We'll load up my Spyder and have a go. I am sure that this will be more than enough weight to haul around and get a feel for it.

You have to remember that it's not how much weight that your truck can pull, its about how much weight your truck can stop. You can tow a heavy trailer around all day with a light truck, but when the weight that your towing weighs more than the truck that your towing it with, you may have a slight problem of having the trailer push your truck down the road. I tow all my weight around with a Suburban, but sometimes I wish that I'd have a 3500.

I think that you still have my number from when we met, call me. If not send me a PM. I will give you directions.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

^ Thanks man... no worries though, I've decided to keep the little truck and mod away.

*line-x
*air spring kit w/ remote controlls and onboard compressor
*trailer brake controller
*load leveling hitch
*auxillary trans cooler

I don't intend to get an enclosed trailer anytime soon so this will be fine... I'll probably tow some shit around this weekend out in suffolk, but I'm busy all week after work w/ gf, gym, and car.

Quick Reply: Anyone have their car on an open trailer often? I'd like to test my truck out.