Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

To those with Blow Off Valves

Old 11-13-2002, 11:37 AM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by 20psi 240sx
what part do you think is inefficient? the multichecker or the way nissan's use their maf? <---mitsu does it the same way. if they didn't rely on maps, they wouldn't need a ecu. i can meter my pulsewidth ultra-accurately, and in real-time.

the reason for going to non-recirculating valve is for the noise, and most valves that you can recirculate are hard to find, or leak.
i guess i misinterpretted your wording.. ours uses karmen vortex Hz readigns to adjust the ammount of fuel used.. it's not really a set "map" or anything.. at least as far as i know.. chris probably knows better than i do but that's the way i thought ours worked..
Old 12-03-2002, 05:11 PM
DSMPOWER
DSM Junkie

DSMPOWER is an unknown quantity at this point

tsi guy
I am driving the same car you are, and i vent to the atmosphere, with no problems.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:42 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

dude is that your car on the site? it looks nice.. yeah you can vent, you will stil lrun slightly rich between shifts though.. you have a valve that's made to be able to do it.. the stock valve can't unless it's crushed.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:19 AM
marshall
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

my talon didn't really have _problems_ back when i tried venting mine, but the car did run rich according to the logger. the fuel trims jumped all over the place with it vented, it was a nightmare to keep up with it on the S-AFC...
no matter which BOV you use, you can't get around the fact that'll it'll run rich after it blows off. you're releasing metered air out of the system, the ECU expects it to be there because the MAF has counted it already...
my CBV is plumbed back into the intake, the sound isn't worth it to me.

marshall