Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any good Chinese Restaurants?

Old 07-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Paul
I love WaWa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul
Default Re: Any good Chinese Restaurants?

Originally Posted by Trookie
I've been eating at Peking Duck for over a decade and have never had food poisoning. Then again, I am Asian and have a stomach made of steel haha.

I like the ambience of Imperial Palace, but the food tastes like overpriced take-out.

I'm Vietnamese, and I think all of the pho places are gross. Except Pho 79, which is somewhat acceptable.

Yes. You rule.

I eat at the Pho that is on Va Beach Blvd right near Independence. Thats the only one I have eaten at and I love it. I have it on communication from people that I know that the other Pho's are all about the same. But admittedly I have only been to the one. I only know of one other vietnamese restaurant, the one over on Newtown, have not been to it though. I would love to try another one if someone of Vietnamese descent says they know of a better one. I love trying new restaurants and things I have not had before.

Last edited by Paul; 07-05-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:31 PM
jentegraGS-R
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Originally Posted by Paul
I eat at the Pho that is on Va Beach Blvd right near Independence. Thats the only one I have eaten at and I love it. I have it on communication from people that I know that the other Pho's are all about the same. But admittedly I have only been to the one. I only know of one other vietnamese restaurant, the one over on Newtown, have not been to it though. I would love to try another one if someone of Vietnamese descent says they know of a better one. I love trying new restaurants and things I have not had before.
yeah pho 79 is the one off independence and its pretty good i used to eat there a lot. the vietnamese place off newtown is pretty good too, but their pho isn't good...the rice dishes are good.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Trookie
Registered Member

Trookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, that's Pho 79. The only decent pho place in Va Beach, IMHO. The place on Newtown is Saigon No. 1 and it is gross. Their vermicelli is dry and I saw them dispense my nuoc mam from this huge shady looking container. Vietnam House on Constitution Dr. is pretty decent. I haven't had their pho, but their vermicelli and broken rice is good. It's over by Pembroke Mall movie theatres in the same shopping center as K-Mart.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:43 PM
ant*
HighestTraderRating

ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant*

JADE VILLA OFF INDEPENDENCE
Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Chezkers

Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers

PF Chang is "pan-Asian" cuisine, not authentic Chinese. Please avoid takeout joints. That's just asking for diabetes.

My family has been eating at Peking Duck Inn since I was a kid. And also Jade Villa for dim sum, although I think the rest of their food hasn't been as good since they changed management years ago.

Pf changs is very good, but its mostly for rich white people and you ever notice in the back there is all mexicans cooking the food? Check the window on the street. Not really authentic but its very good.

Ill check out Jade Villa for dim sum, thanks!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Peking, by the AMC 24 movie theatre is awesome too.
I get take out there nearly once a week. You get enough food for two meals and it only costs $6. Granted, Peking is standard take-out chineese, but I've been more than satisified with the food.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Paul
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

Originally Posted by Corey
I get take out there nearly once a week. You get enough food for two meals and it only costs $6. Granted, Peking is standard take-out chineese, but I've been more than satisified with the food.
When I lived down the block from there over on Saunders, their Pork Lo Mein combo was a staple of my diet. At least twice a week.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:17 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hong kong buffet is the shit.........even though its a buffet. It is still great
Old 07-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

When I lived down the block from there over on Saunders, their Pork Lo Mein combo was a staple of my diet. At least twice a week.
That's one hell of a block - 2 miles. lol
Old 07-05-2006, 05:29 PM
bambooi
Registered Member

bambooi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, that's Pho 79. The only decent pho place in Va Beach, IMHO. The place on Newtown is Saigon No. 1 and it is gross. Their vermicelli is dry and I saw them dispense my nuoc mam from this huge shady looking container. Vietnam House on Constitution Dr. is pretty decent. I haven't had their pho, but their vermicelli and broken rice is good. It's over by Pembroke Mall movie theatres in the same shopping center as K-Mart.
Saigon No. 1 has sticky tables. They cover up their tables in some kind of plastic. I like Pho 79 the best. I have been to the one beside k-mart on pembrooke, saigon no 1, pho 78, and pho 79. Pho 79 is the best in my opinion. I recommend Bun Dac Biet which mean Special Vermicelli.

Last edited by bambooi; 07-05-2006 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Any good Chinese Restaurants?