Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

anyone get pulled over lately???

Old 08-12-2006, 10:39 AM
savethesohc
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
savethesohc has disabled reputation
Default Re: anyone get pulled over lately???

Originally Posted by primodale
i think cops randomly pulling people over to check vins is retarded. what if you dont have the same vin or any vin in the window at all? for instance, if you change the dashboard. like someone said they were really out tryin to bust someone drunk or with posession. cops these days are retarded and need to stop enforcing some of these rediculous laws that i know the PEOPLE/PUBLIC didnt want passed anyway. after all a cops duty is to SERVE the people and PROTECT the people. the only thing i ever see them doing is SERVING tickets and warrants. fuq pigs and the tickets they pass out <^>(o.O)<^> i know thats not what i want my tax dollars going towards. is a cop wasting time pulling people over for tint, front tags in the window etc. most states you dont even need a front tag but wait VIRGINIA isnt a STATE its a COMMONWEALTH.
its kinda against the law to mess with the VIN number. and if my car got stolen i think itd be awesome to know that some ass got randomly pulled over and i got my car back. so... as long as they dont pass out some gay ass worthless tickets for random stops then its cool with me
Old 08-12-2006, 11:26 AM
primodale
Registered Member

primodale has disabled reputation

isnt the vin in more then one place? i could see changing vins out being against the law but like right now i dont even have a dash in my car. if a cop came up to it while its parked in my neighborhood i could get charged with something? simply cause my PERSONAL PROPERTY which they gladly send me a bill for has be altered... to me thats gay. like you said... if a car was stolen then yeah... it would be nice but thats what license plates are for. cop cruises behind you and pulls up the tags and if they match the car description in their database and arnt coming up stolen there is no need to pull someone over or even check it when trhey pull you over. like i said someone could have changed out their dash and not even have a vin there or still have the old vehicles vin. i guess changing out dashes is illegal then i guess. ridiculous laws in my opinion.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:36 PM
team703
Registered Member

team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703

but what if he pulls up behind your car at 3 in the morning while your at home sleeping and this guy is joyriding, and the vin is also located on the fire wall i beleive.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Turbobrick
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

The vin is located in several places on the car....dash, engine compartment, driver's door, trunk on some cars. I would view it as harrassment if I were to be stopped just so the police can check my vin # since all the police need to do is run your tags to see if a car is stolen.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:09 AM
Supra333
Registered Member

Supra333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kyle h.
I think you are able to call in peoples plates that throw cig butts out the window and they can recieve a fine in the mail.

If the cop pulled your friend over in the afternoon, it's a pretty lame excuse to say the car was stolen. He was probably just fishing, trying to bust someone for possesion.

now if he was pulled over between 1am and 5am, then sure. good idea.
I don't think they can give you a fine for something they didnt see, its kinda like if someone called in your plates for aggressive driving, the county just sends you a letter
Old 08-13-2006, 07:52 AM
savethesohc
Registered Member

savethesohc has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by team703
but what if he pulls up behind your car at 3 in the morning while your at home sleeping and this guy is joyriding, and the vin is also located on the fire wall i beleive.
yea foreals if your asleep and they take the car they cant really tell if the car is "stolen" just by running the tags. they pull people over to try to find something suspicious about the person in the car. and IF SOME THIEF GETS ARRESTED IN THE PROCESS ITS GOOD WITH ME
Old 08-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Lt. Dan
Registered Member

Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan Lt. Dan

Originally Posted by primodale
isnt the vin in more then one place? i could see changing vins out being against the law but like right now i dont even have a dash in my car. if a cop came up to it while its parked in my neighborhood i could get charged with something? simply cause my PERSONAL PROPERTY which they gladly send me a bill for has be altered... to me thats gay. like you said... if a car was stolen then yeah... it would be nice but thats what license plates are for. cop cruises behind you and pulls up the tags and if they match the car description in their database and arnt coming up stolen there is no need to pull someone over or even check it when trhey pull you over. like i said someone could have changed out their dash and not even have a vin there or still have the old vehicles vin. i guess changing out dashes is illegal then i guess. ridiculous laws in my opinion.

Mid nineties Civic, with no dash..... Ghetto... And don't try any of that "race car" bullshit.

As far as getting pulled over for not having a dash in your car... You've removed your DASHBOARD dipshit!!! You've tampered with the safety equipment on your vehicle, which is illegal.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:37 AM
marshallbc
AC-UR-AGE

marshallbc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by murphy660
good point. but does it really take 3 cops and 45 minutes? kind of overkill i think. especially since she was on the way to work.
Ask your mom if there was a female cop there, because I think my wife wrote her the ticket. Because the SGT that pulled her over told her she had to write it because he was going to give her a warning but she got pissed so he decided to write her a ticket.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:42 AM
marshallbc
AC-UR-AGE

marshallbc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nitefire
I got pulled over the other day. But it was for that stupid county sticker. Even though he let me go I know it semi motivated by bov. It's good looking stock but my springs give me away sometimes. I wish some days I was lowered. My turbo is stock but it tends to pull the nose up sometimes and when that bov sounds the front end drops quick. Especially in traffic.

But for all you guys busting on Fredericksburg cops. I've been pulled over 3 times and never issues a ticket. That I am thankful for.
Thats right my wife is a cop in Fredericksburg and she has never given any import tickets... She drives my car to work and gets shit for it all the time, it is far from legal...