Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Help me find a hotel...

Old 07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Help me find a hotel...

Okay guys.. Radisson in Norfolk (24 minute drive) or Homewood in Chesapeake (19 minute drive)? Same exact price; Hotels.com vs. Orbitz.com

The Raddison has a king size sleep number bed... Homewood just has a plain queen sized bed, and is across from the mall.

Decisions decisions! I think we're just going to stay there the first night and drive part of the way home and crash somewhere in the middle of nowhere on the way home where it may not break the bank! lol
Old 07-22-2007, 08:20 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Looks like I wasn't the only one booking last minute. I was trying to submit at 4 different places and they sold out interactively as I was entering cc information... LOL! After reading about the Radisson, I changed my mind. There were absolutely NO good reviews about that place. Looks good in the pictures, but I'll take their word for it.

I ended up picking a lame Extended Stay at like $130 for the night tomorrow. I can't believe I just did that, but we're barely even going to be in the room for a few hours. We'll probably be there between 10PM-11:30PM, and leave around 10AM. Sucks. It's a 5 hour drive to Chesapeake, and a 17 minute drive from the hotel to the concert. I decided we would drive part of the way home after the concert and find a place to stay at on the way home. It'll probably save some money that I don't really have right now anyway.. That was her idea.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:31 PM
10till4Z
GAME OVER

10till4Z has disabled reputation

priceline ftw!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:40 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

I wouldn't use Priceline just because I hate the commercials. lol.. I'd rather use a roaming gnome.

I'm giving Orbitz a shot with this one but I plan to stick with hotels.com in the future.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Carter
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

ya, screw staying in a nice place when you'll be there for 2 reasons: to fuck and sleep. as long as the bed's not dirty I could care less where I stayed.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:28 AM
10till4Z
GAME OVER

10till4Z has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Carter
ya, screw staying in a nice place when you'll be there for 2 reasons: to fuck and sleep. as long as the bed's not dirty I could care less where I stayed.
very good point
Old 07-23-2007, 06:13 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

yep, sex and sleep... but have you ever ended up in a nasty room that you expected to be nice based on the outside of the hotel? The bed, the shower, and the toilet are crucial!