Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Zoo in Chesterfield?

Old 09-01-2007, 04:14 AM
GoldenLeg13
MoltenMetalFuzion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoldenLeg13 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Zoo in Chesterfield?

Originally Posted by Alice_in_Chains

If you want a day trip, go to the Baltimore Aquarium and then hit all the other stuff around the Harbour.
+1

Baltimore Aquarium is pretty cool. Worth the trip.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:03 AM
Bizkit64
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

Never been to a zoo in VA... Must be shitty in the summer with the 100 degress weather and all the animals half alive.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:02 PM
ThroatyStang
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Alice_in_Chains
Fuck Gaymont. Not only did they destroy the bears, they threw the remains out in the dump in hefty bags.

The Richmond Zoo is ok, it's not a huge zoo like DC but they do have a lot of animals on display. Only bad thing I have to say about it is I got nailed by a Giant Hornet (looks like a yellow jacket on steroids, like 3 inches long) just below the fingernail on the back of my index finger and my whole hand swelled up. Other than that it was pretty cool.

If you want a day trip, go to the Baltimore Aquarium and then hit all the other stuff around the Harbour.

OMG the same fucking thing happened to me when I was a kid! I got stung in my inner ear though. By far the most painful thing that has ever happened to me. Thats the only reason I havent been back, is because I associate that place with a bad memory. Nice place though.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

We went to the zoo in Chesterfield. Joshua loved it, but I think they could improve the reptile section and have more of a herp display. I was looking forward to some snakes, but they only have 2.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:45 PM
bLu92bUbbLe
Registered Member

bLu92bUbbLe has disabled reputation

i always wanted to take my son to the richmond zoo...then i heard dc has one...hopefully we can get 2 either one before the summer ends.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:54 AM
TheMuffinMan
Registered member

TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan

Maymont is really nice

there's one out in Powhatan or Amelia I think? Can't remember the name but it's privately owned, that one is quite nice too