Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

question about different VTEC motors?

Old 02-18-2008, 07:17 PM
btichhonda
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btichhonda has disabled reputation
Default Re: question about different VTEC motors?

Originally Posted by jdm h22a civic
when i was getting my h22 dynoed once the 2 people before me were getting k20's dynoed. one made 199 and the other made 203. they were both the jdm type r model with exhaust of course. i think the jdm type r has more aggressive camshafts and timing. i was so impressed that that was the stock motor.
true, true. The type R does come with 220 bhp.. It does come with a higher redline... and it does have more aggressive cams...

the exhaust does help a little bit
Old 02-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Acrytet70
Registered member

Acrytet70 has disabled reputation

H22...The displacement says it all...I run B18's and had one H22, great feeling, pulls hard!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:32 PM
btichhonda
Registered Member

btichhonda has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Acrytet70
H22...The displacement says it all...I run B18's and had one H22, great feeling, pulls hard!
+1 my friend
Old 02-18-2008, 07:33 PM
jdm h22a civic
Registered Member

jdm h22a civic has a spectacular aura aboutjdm h22a civic has a spectacular aura aboutjdm h22a civic has a spectacular aura about

+2 to the infinity
Old 02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
CharlieBush
Registered Member

CharlieBush is on a distinguished road

it depends completley. your gonna spend more money on your h22 to get equivalent power of a b series. Yes a bseries comes with less power but its much easier to modify and an h22 in a eg is a tight fit most people actually crush the tps sensor if the dont beat the firewall out a good bit. B18c are most commonly plus you have rpms, better head more aftermarket attention. the thing your at a disadvantage is displacement but they have a replacement for displacement now its called forced induction.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:05 AM
jdm h22a civic
Registered Member

jdm h22a civic has a spectacular aura aboutjdm h22a civic has a spectacular aura aboutjdm h22a civic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CharlieBush
it depends completley. your gonna spend more money on your h22 to get equivalent power of a b series. Yes a bseries comes with less power but its much easier to modify and an h22 in a eg is a tight fit most people actually crush the tps sensor if the dont beat the firewall out a good bit. B18c are most commonly plus you have rpms, better head more aftermarket attention. the thing your at a disadvantage is displacement but they have a replacement for displacement now its called forced induction.
there is no reason to beat the firewall back.

[IMG][/IMG]

this is with a skunk2 intake manifold which is much larger than factory.

here is an engine bay shot

[IMG][/IMG]

there are no issues with space as long as you get good motor mounts. i used avid racing mounts. they set the motor back an inch farther than hasport for better balance and i still could fit the manifold.

you are not gonna spend more money to get the same power. parts for the h22 are more expensive but u get more power out of them. the h22 has more from the get go and is capable of more all motor power my jdm h22 put down 202whp with a skunk2 manifold custom headers, fpr, and crome. i could never do that with my b18c1 integra with out going into the motor. the only reason to go b series is if you plan on a turbo.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:33 AM
CharlieBush
Registered Member

Aftermarket selection has not broadend for the h22. Its still overflooded with bseries parts. For around five hundred you can by a comple ebay turbo kit and 300 to get a chip and tune. the kits are of poor quality and the only parts worth keeping is the piping. but its a good start for those who want to boost. And these stock gsrs with a cheap turbo kit make more then 200 on a mustangdynameter. If hes going all motor why not go h22 thats a smarter idea. About beating the firewall i did a h22 swap in an eg with ???? mounts and the skunk 2 pro series intake and when the got on it he crushed his tps against the firewall. it was a real tight fit. He might of had softer inserts in his mounts but that was just from personal experience. so i just beat the fire wall where the tps and iac would hit for good measure. Maybe his was weird you obviously did it without beating the wall. BTW clean car the h22 looks sick in egs
Old 02-19-2008, 07:48 AM
DickButt
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

soo....i guess it all depends on if you want to stay n/a or not......
Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 AM
jdm h22a civic
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CharlieBush
Aftermarket selection has not broadend for the h22. Its still overflooded with bseries parts. For around five hundred you can by a comple ebay turbo kit and 300 to get a chip and tune. the kits are of poor quality and the only parts worth keeping is the piping. but its a good start for those who want to boost. And these stock gsrs with a cheap turbo kit make more then 200 on a mustangdynameter. If hes going all motor why not go h22 thats a smarter idea. About beating the firewall i did a h22 swap in an eg with ???? mounts and the skunk 2 pro series intake and when the got on it he crushed his tps against the firewall. it was a real tight fit. He might of had softer inserts in his mounts but that was just from personal experience. so i just beat the fire wall where the tps and iac would hit for good measure. Maybe his was weird you obviously did it without beating the wall. BTW clean car the h22 looks sick in egs
i agree completely. a lot of people go cheap on mounts and thats why they have to beat the firewall. you wont have to with hasport mounts or avid mounts. my h22 civic put over 200 to the wheels but those headers were $800 alone. the power doesnt come cheap. by the way the power is in the header for h22's. plan on spending anywhere from $600 to $800 for a header. RMF makes a h22 header that is suppose to make over 20 more to the wheels. I got my header built at MRD and it made about 20whp jump from the header alone. plus i think it is sexy as hell.
h22 = all motor
b18 = boost
Old 02-20-2008, 07:07 AM
CharlieBush
Registered Member

^^^^^^+1

Quick Reply: question about different VTEC motors?