Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The optimum tuning approach for a dyno?

Old 12-12-2002, 09:09 AM
parknasty
Sass Masterson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
parknasty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey rguy, I'm up for a 1/4 mile sprint anyday, but the reason I quit mentioning it was because of the whole drag season has ended thing, and since you keep repeating LEGAL event, we're gonna have to wait until the tracks re-open again. I went to natural bridge a couple of times(1/8th only), but could never get off work and get my shit together to make it to a 1/4 track in the last couple of weeks in the season. Don't worry man, I haven't forgotten about ya. Spring will be here soon enough, and my ole H22A1 hasn't forgotten about her highstrung little B series brother that steals all the limelight.

We'll get our race, be patient.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:15 PM
parknasty
Sass Masterson

Why did you spend close to a paragraph explaining what a guy at SCRAM with a lexus and a 2JZ swap knows and has done? Doesnt mean he actually knows anything at cars, people could have TOLD him everything he knows

Ehh, Does this not make sense to anyone else?

Rguy, I must not know anything about cars either, because everything I know was told to me by someone else, whether through a book, magazine, classroom, or one on one. I guess you have me classified as an unsophiticated SOVA idiot too. How do I go about obtaining knowledge without having at least some sort of instruction or hands on experience like doing a hybrid engine swap(2jz in a lexus)? I want to learn this new technique of becoming magically enlightened with car know-how, ha ha.

I don't know the whole story about your friend Chad, so perhaps I can't give a complete opinion about the shop. All I was trying to say is from what I had seen, and again, I haven't talked to the majority of the guys there, but it appeared they have they're shit together on car knowledge at least as far as the import scene part of it goes. I think I have a partial idea of what you are trying to say though. I know people that read a magazine or go to a few car shows and pick up a few slang terms and lingo about cars and think they're all of a sudden ASE certified mechanics.

Rguy, can't we all just get along maaayyyann? heh heh. I can understand what you're saying about ignorant people and how they can tweak your nerves sometimes, but like I said, just take a breath and let it go sometimes. Seriously, you're gonna have a damn aneuyrism and die before you're even actually legal to drink that beer that you had last night, heh heh.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:16 PM
Rguy
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

You quoted me wrong, i said "Doesnt mean he actually knows anything at cars, people could have TOLD him everything he knows, doesnt mean he understands it ."

A lot of people can repeat info they have been told. Everything we know was at some point told to us, but that doesnt mean you actually UNDERSTAND it. I can tell you because someone told me that the barometer drops when its about to rain, doesn't mean i actually have any clue what it really means to say that. Yeah my point to you was that he might of just been magazine educated and you cant assume because he was a nice guy and his car had nice stuff on it, that he was a knowledgable person.

P-Nasty, , have one on me bro.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:59 PM
parknasty
Sass Masterson

I've been in that game a while, so its gonna take more than one. How bout I have a few? ha ha ....cheers
Old 12-13-2002, 01:38 PM
Mugent3/t4e

Mugent3/t4e has disabled reputation

Chad moved to AZ?! WTF....thats gay.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:45 AM
LT1 TA

LT1 TA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jeff T., how much power do you speculate you are making?
Old 01-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Jeff Taylor
Registered Member

Jeff Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutJeff Taylor has a spectacular aura about

maybe 240-260whp right now... I'd be happy with a little over 300whp once my new injectors are in and I retune the ECU.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:50 PM
20psi 240sx
Registered Member

20psi 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point

300rwhp, you would not be happy a hole! you want it all! you want wheelspin at 150mph don't you!
shaun
Old 01-03-2003, 06:29 AM
LT1 TA

LT1 TA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, Jeff, with enough money and time you guys should be up around 300 HP, just about what I am STOCK!! Wholly cow, how much money do you guys spend for a whopping 230 HP!!
Old 01-03-2003, 08:26 AM
20psi 240sx
Registered Member

20psi 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about jeff, but i have about 390rwhp and i have $2300 in engine, $600 for fuel upgrades with ecu, and $1500 or so in my turbo kit. i got the car for $1800.
about $6200.
of course i have more money in it total for the suspension, paint, wheels and what not.
but i'd gladly pay another $15,000 not to have to have a trans am! hehehe i'm just joking with ya...i have a friend with a TA. i like it okay. he has a lot done to it, its fast. but not as fast as my car.
shaun

Quick Reply: The optimum tuning approach for a dyno?