Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: Wich car?
SRT-10 Viper (only comes as a vert)
50.00%
C6 Corvette Convertible
32.20%
Neither
17.80%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Which would you buy and why? C6 Corvette Convertible or SRT-10 Viper Convertible?

Old 04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
idkmybffEM1ly
uhh.. what?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly
Default Re: Which would you buy and why? C6 Corvette Convertible or SRT-10 Viper Convertible

i voted neither. you should get an older viper, the new ones are more ugly
Old 04-29-2009, 11:02 PM
SPAWN
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which would you buy and why? C6 Corvette Convertible or SRT-10 Viper Convertible

for those prices...what about the new camaro...they sell for about 39k for the SS1 package
Old 04-29-2009, 11:21 PM
dave22
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Non-Z C6s are ugly. C6 verts are uglier.

Vipers are clown cars.

If I had your requirements my $40K would go toward something with <25K miles and tasteful mods that knocks on 11s in the quarter mile and looks, I don't know, GOOD.

Of course I voted neither.

I mean, if you're going to draw attention to yourself it might as well be from people other than children and the mildly dumb.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:21 AM
JDM74
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

Get the C6. I rode/drove in a modded '07 auto to Florida for the 24 hours of daytona and back. Was comfortable the whole way. Headers, intake and tune and has been 11.7X's @ 121 in good air. What else could you want?
Old 04-30-2009, 03:35 AM
JROW
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

I chose the vette, for one reason. A viper as a DD will suck, at times anyway. My uncle has a silver 04 that he drives pretty much daily during the summer, but he much prefers the z06 in colder times of the year. I have driven many vipers myself, and they're awesome cars, but very raw to be driving daily imo. The vette is still 400 hp, mod friendly, and just a much better car alll around as a dd.

Very tough decision tho. I know when I would have a very hard time not going with the viper. Good luck

EDIT: I would go GTS ACR tho
Old 04-30-2009, 03:46 AM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

I'm with Jrow, I'd say corvette due to the stipulation of being a DD. Thats not because I'm corvette based, girl is actually looking to pick a viper up soon. However, I have driven a viper. And between the interior, ride quality, and durability, the vette wins hands down.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:50 AM
tiki240
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

c6. im a HUGE interior/amenities fan. and the c6 just does it. you dont strike me as the chowder head ooooh look at me im in a viper type. get the vette and at most throw a supercharger on it.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Flite
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

You have always wanted a Viper right? The market is soft right now so their value has gone to shit. If you've got the means to buy a Viper, go for it. I'm not a Viper fan, but unless you own one, you'll always lust after one. You'll enjoy your C6, but you'll feel sheepish every time you see a SRT10 and kick yourself for buying the vette. If you've got the means to pull the trigger, just do it.

With that said, I think once the novelty wears off, you'll trade it for another Vette. (or maybe even something that's actually nice... referance Dave's post)

Last edited by Flite; 04-30-2009 at 04:00 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:15 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by blah
C6 - I could never live with a Viper. Outside of the flash, the C6 is a much better car.

(And please know it pains me to say that.)
Coming from you I know that means alot

Originally Posted by F8L 500
Neither.
Maybe if the vette was a Z06. Not a big viper fan.
Top doesn't go down on a Z06 and a targa conversion is far more difficult with the aluminum frame.

Originally Posted by DoingOK
buy my Z06 and cut the roof out.
See above... plus it's silver... I'm not old enough yet for a borring silver car

Originally Posted by JETSWU87
i agree, at least you know what it takes now.
I know what it takes on a C5... the C6Z w/ the aluminum chassis is a different animal all together. Caravaggio charges over $10k for their conversion on a Z06 because it requires a bunch of new bracing on the chassis.

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackGT
Don't get a vert though... please, get another targa. Like said before Targa > *
The car must be a vert

Originally Posted by SPAWN
for those prices...what about the new camaro...they sell for about 39k for the SS1 package
No thanks... don't want a heavy 4-seater... still want a nimble sportscar.
Originally Posted by dave22
Of course I voted neither.

I mean, if you're going to draw attention to yourself it might as well be from people other than children and the mildly dumb.
Interesting choice... I don't want an odler used MB out of warranty. Plus I'm about 28 not 58.

Originally Posted by JDM74
Get the C6. I rode/drove in a modded '07 auto to Florida for the 24 hours of daytona and back. Was comfortable the whole way. Headers, intake and tune and has been 11.7X's @ 121 in good air. What else could you want?
That's pretty much my thinking.

Originally Posted by JROW
EDIT: I would go GTS ACR tho
Yeah like that's a better DD

Originally Posted by RandomTask
I'm with Jrow, I'd say corvette due to the stipulation of being a DD. Thats not because I'm corvette based, girl is actually looking to pick a viper up soon. However, I have driven a viper. And between the interior, ride quality, and durability, the vette wins hands down.
Yeah I'm leaning Corvette more and more.

Originally Posted by tiki240
get the vette and at most throw a supercharger on it.
Nah... no point... this car will get mufflers and wheels, that's it.
Originally Posted by Flite
You have always wanted a Viper right? The market is soft right now so their value has gone to shit. If you've got the means to buy a Viper, go for it. I'm not a Viper fan, but unless you own one, you'll always lust after one. You'll enjoy your C6, but you'll feel sheepish every time you see a SRT10 and kick yourself for buying the vette. If you've got the means to pull the trigger, just do it.

With that said, I think once the novelty wears off, you'll trade it for another Vette. (or maybe even something that's actually nice... referance Dave's post)
Yes... I've always wanted a Viper, until I got to start driving them. They are shitty cars... plus I'm too big for them. I think your last sentence is right on. It'd be cool for awhile and fun to tool around in, but after one road trip I'd be over it. I don't want to have to mod a car to be comfortable.

All in all... I think I'm gonig to put the Viper idea out to pasture... it doesn't fit my needs at this time. I'll still have my truck, but I want a car that I can comfortably drive to California and back. I don't care about the OMG-look at me factor either.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:18 AM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

SL55

Quick Reply: Which would you buy and why? C6 Corvette Convertible or SRT-10 Viper Convertible?